Front turn signals

Reaction score
My 69 Imperial has working turn signals in the rear, but in the front the lights need some works. With the parking light off, the tiurn signal flashes but quite fast.The indicators on the fenders glov´w orange but they dont flash. When I turn on the parking light, the turn signals are impossible to detect.

When I run the car on the road and above 30-40 miles per hour, the indicators on the start flashing, Looks like I have some voltage drop but I can figure out where. Or could it be the outage relay?

Sounds like a flaky/detiorating ground situation. Or a connector that is degraded. Might be time to get out the FSM and trace the wiring schematic to see what's where.

Might even be just a bad bulb? Probably just ONE litte thing, I suspect.

CBODY67

Sounds like a flaky/detiorating ground situation. Or a connector that is degraded. Might be time to get out the FSM and trace the wiring schematic to see what's where.

Might even be just a bad bulb? Probably just ONE litte thing, I suspect.

CBODY67 relay for the front, and a motor for the sequential signals in the rear
yes, thats sound like a good Idea I have the wiring schemantic and have to figure out how front and rear are connected. Theres probably a turn signal

I done some testing. Grounding the front turn signal housing makes no difference.

I noticed that the hazard warning lights works just fine. I also noticed that the rear turn signals turns too fast 1-2-3 with no time to let all bulbs be turned off.
The sequential turn signals uses a motor with three switches and the signal from that go to a relay that turns on an off the turn signal lights.

When I drive 30-40 miles per hour and turn on the right turn signal, I sometimes get the signal on the fender to flash as it should and I also hear the clicking sound from a relay. Thats sound is very hard to hear when car stands still.

I suspect that it is a problem with the ground or a bad contact in the viring. Has anyone here had this problem?

Back