Fury Aluminum Grille clean up?

Depending on the supplier, "0000" and "xxx" are the same grade of steel wool, (very fine). For best results It should be used with some type of cleaner/solvent and then apply polish in a conventional way.

I have plenty of brake cleaner....

The ford truck video works good but if you want the shine to last you have to clear coat it

How hard or $$$ is getting trim anodized?

I've never priced it, but it's no where near the cost of chrome.

It's a pretty simple process... With some acid and a DC power supply, you could do it at home.

After about 5 minutes I started to enjoy the guy actually.

If you want to see minnie the body shop girl check this one out. She really is a good woman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clean spot-rusted chrome: Coca-Cola and aluminum foil.

BTW: "My Friend Pete" cusses like a sailor :sFl_america2: (duh - he is one) but some good work comes out of his shop. If you can tolerate the videos, he's got some right good advise too. He's just North of Dallas in Lewisville.

Clean spot-rusted chrome: Coca-Cola and aluminum foil.

BTW: "My Friend Pete" cusses like a sailor :sFl_america2: (duh - he is one) but some good work comes out of his shop. If you can tolerate the videos, he's got some right good advise too. He's just North of Dallas in Lewisville.

I was getting into it last weekend. So you know him?

As far as "My Friend Pete," I know of him by reputation alone. That's his self-anointed utube name.
Another very good local shop is Wade's Rod and Custom in Wylie, TX. Wade recently told me that he tends to shy away from full-body jobs because DFW has enough collision work to keep him very busy. He's an honest man in a smaller community and does a good business by word-of-mouth.

It takes a lot of time and elbow grease for the smaller items of my aluminum front eyebrow trim to my '66 Sport Fury but it shines it up like new. I tied with 220 grit first, followed by 320 and then 400. I followed all this with some rubbing compound followed with up with "Mothers" polish and it made a world of difference. I just need to find out of a light grit Scotch Bright may speed up the first layer removal and then if I can use some kind of sanding device to help me with the sanding. Also, any dings or small indentations will stand out more, though. Have to work harder on those areas.:)

Wow, M.E.K.? That's some strong ****. Eagle One has a aluminum wheel polish that works great! If you are not familiar with it, it comes in a small can in the form of some fiberous material that you just pull out as you need it. Also, everyone should invest in a bench/floor (floor is best) grinder with a brass wheel, steel wheel and a few different grits of stone AND another one, like a floor model polisher with a variable speed and many different cloth wheels for different grits. I'm going to invest in both, after my tax return! Good luck jtalberts.

Back