Furyous

I would have forgiven the drill bit thing... sorry Murphy caught you.

IMG_8194.JPG
IMG_9553.JPG
I've got a question. While mocking up the manual brake master I purchased a universal cut to fit brake pedal rod. After taking the apart several times to get the length & angle correct I wore out the rubber seal that holds the rod into the back of the master. Now it won't stay in & allows the brake pedal to come up too far & the rod pulls out. NOT GOOD ! Where can I get another locking seal. Do local parts stores sell these ?

IMG_8192.JPG
I've actually done quite a lot to it. Just haven't posted it. The bottom looked like the Exxon Valdese so I cleaned all that up & installed new tie rod boots.

IMG_8195.JPG
IMG_7256.JPG
IMG_2941.JPG
IMG_2942.JPG
I removed the factory steering column & disassembled it down to the bare shaft. I ordered some bolt on bearings that fit just on the shaft from Speedway Motors. So hopefully soon I'll have this mocked up & another big weight savings.

IMG_9916.JPG
IMG_9920.JPG
IMG_9921.JPG
IMG_9392.JPG
IMG_9393.JPG
IMG_9394.JPG
IMG_2856.JPG
IMG_2857.JPG
I cleaned up the rats nest under the sheet metal dash & installed a volt gauge. Then the tach died for some reason. Checked all the wires & couldn't find anything wrong so I removed it & disassembled it. The needle was sticking between 3-5 RPM. Got that fixed & put it back together. Have not reinstalled it yet. Hopefully it's fixed. I have my doubts though.

IMG_6885.JPG
IMG_6892.JPG
IMG_6893.JPG
IMG_9554.JPG
IMG_1088.JPG
Installed new brake shoes & 1 new wheel cylinder. The rear currently in the car is a truck 9.25 & is supposed to have a 4:10 gear & spool in it. I want to make some test passes with this rear for now. It has a leaking axel seal that I need to fix. I sourced a 8.75 rear from a C body I parted. It's 4 inches narrower & should fit nicely as I want to mini tub the car. I may use the C body leaf springs when I do this. But I also bought a new ladder bar set up just in case I want to go that route.

IMG_8841.JPG
IMG_5716.JPG
Ladder bar set up I bought & I also got some 4 speed pedals from a 75 Road Runner. You know just incase the project moves in that direction......

If you can throw it up in the air and it comes down, it's too heavy.

Back