Furyous

well my friend fast cost money sometimes . it will run good with a couple holleys or carters sitting atop a tunnel ram , just less wow factour . and perforance . and money isn't that for spending , lol . your just thin do the spread of projects , i know the feeling believe me , lol .

well my friend fast cost money sometimes . it will run good with a couple holleys or carters sitting atop a tunnel ram , just less wow factour . and perforance . and money isn't that for spending , lol . your just thin do the spread of projects , i know the feeling believe me , lol .
How about a pair of Thermo-Quads

i guess , never ran them as a pair , square bores carb plates mounting are what tunnel rams and blowers use , but i guess you could put adapter on there . maybe a couple 650 cfm . with those small primaries it should get good fuel mileage , lol ;) .

i guess , never ran them as a pair , square bores carb plates mounting are what tunnel rams and blowers use , but i guess you could put adapter on there . maybe a couple 650 cfm . with those small primaries it should get good fuel mileage , lol ;) .
I talked to a guy that had a pair on a stroker 340. He said they ran very well

Fella near here runs a pair on his truck, but I think he's at 572" (hemi) or something silly like that now. And he's not satisfied just using TQ's, he had to modify them to run E85 in it too. Runs pretty strong.

Okay - had to go check, he's running a pair of 850's, and he's now at 605" on the block. Last number I heard was just shy of 820 Hp
upload_2017-11-21_20-53-17.png

Last edited:
just reading about your finger and the msd coil story . been there during a test fire up , tagged me several times before i could react , no burns like wolfy got you with . you guys must be buds , lol . and turn around is fair play my friend , when he least suspects it . remember revenge is best served cool , lol .

Fella near here runs a pair on his truck, but I think he's at 572" (hemi) or something silly like that now. And he's not satisfied just using TQ's, he had to modify them to run E85 in it too. Runs pretty strong.

Okay - had to go check, he's running a pair of 850's, and he's now at 605" on the block. Last number I heard was just shy of 820 Hp
View attachment 152994
Awesome. That's very cool

just reading about your finger and the msd coil story . been there during a test fire up , tagged me several times before i could react , no burns like wolfy got you with . you guys must be buds , lol . and turn around is fair play my friend , when he least suspects it . remember revenge is best served cool , lol .
Yea big John & little Joe are suppose to pay him a visit soon. They have a concrete boot company

Yea big John & little Joe are suppose to pay him a visit soon. They have a concrete boot company
Nah... when he's not looking, just weld his tools to the work bench... fingers heal, a 9/16 wrench in the middle of a work table lasts forever.:rolleyes:

View attachment 152994
They have those in your neck of the woods? :poke:

well those thermoquads don't have heat issues , just those plastic walls glued in for separate bays that leak . not that other carbs have been friendly to me through time , lol .

hey bob , have some ignition condensers loaded and read for his next visit , place them so you can toss it for him to catch . you could just call him over just to get close enough to discharge one one his ..... well you can come to that then , lol . cement shoes are good , but hard to get him to use those talented hands and eyes . maybe just a engine block chained to his ankle , just out of reach of the refreshments . a little slave labor is good for the soul , right . lol ;)

hey bob , have some ignition condensers loaded and read for his next visit , place them so you can toss it for him to catch . you could just call him over just to get close enough to discharge one one his ..... well you can come to that then , lol . cement shoes are good , but hard to get him to use those talented hands and eyes . maybe just a engine block chained to his ankle , just out of reach of the refreshments . a little slave labor is good for the soul , right . lol ;)
LOL your mean

Weather was horrible so I spent the day in the shop working on FURYIOUS. I started mocking up the steering column. I had already stripped the stock column done to just the bare shaft. And bought two steering shaft bearings from Speedway Motors (they have a lot of cool stuff) One bearing fits at the firewall. I need to fab up an alunimum plate to fully mount that. That part will come later. Method to my madness. Today I fabbed a piece of tin to mount the upper column bearing in. And have it bolted to the factory column mount. After I'm satisfied I will transfer it over to a angle steel plate that will be lightened & ground down on the edges.
IMG_3291.JPG
IMG_3292.JPG
IMG_3293.JPG
IMG_3294.JPG
IMG_3295.JPG
IMG_3296.JPG
IMG_3297.JPG
IMG_3298.JPG

IMG_3299.JPG
IMG_3300.JPG
IMG_3301.JPG
IMG_3302.JPG
Then I installed the column & connected the pot to a manual to power adapter. Bolted the tin piece with the column & upper bearing mounted. I didn't want to use the pot adapter but I could not get the factory p/s pot to fit on the manual gear box. Next is to reinstall the seat & get the height correct & then I can go down to the firewall & fab up the mount for that bearing to help maintain the steering shaft alignment.

It will be a lot of trial fitting & trying to get it all safe yet as light as possible. All this to save about 12 pounds. I enjoy doing this kind of stuff.

Back