Fuselage picture thread

Met Jon at the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and Irvington Plaza Dairy Queen Car Show. The quality of his car is exceptional and a true survivor car. This cars potential is unlimited. Meeting Jon was a great pleasure.
Thanks David, I had a lot of fun at that show. It was nice meeting you too.

I have had a ticket every time I’ve ever driven through Colfax! Usually it’s 2-3 mph over but as high as 6 over. They do not mess around!
Must have something to do with the name Colfax. Colfax, CA, on I-80 is a speed-trap too!

I'll be passing through it this Friday on my way to Reno for Hot August Nights! Must be careful!

Mine at this year's Carlisle

kNfxQG0.jpg

9E8GwoZ.jpg

Damn that's bad to the bone good looking. Did the 1970 model verts have the triple stripe package. I need to come to Carlisle next year and bring my 1969 300 vert.
Thanks.

Yep, you need to come to Carlisle.

The '70 300 didn't have the triple stripe. It had a single stripe that was standard but could be deleted.

Interesting, I've been through Colfax CA on I-80 many times and have never had a problem. And I'm not known for going slow. :lol: Maybe I'll take it a little more carefully next time, though.

Interesting, I've been through Colfax CA on I-80 many times and have never had a problem. And I'm not known for going slow. :lol: Maybe I'll take it a little more carefully next time, though.
Yes, there are several places where a helo will time a car on I-80 between the overpasses. If the time is too fast, they radio a waiting CHP off one of overpasses to catch the driver. My Uncle and my Brother-in-law used to drive there every week for the same company. My Uncle used to call the area "The Slot."

Yes, there are several places where a helo will time a car on I-80 between the overpasses. If the time is too fast, they radio a waiting CHP off one of overpasses to catch the driver. My Uncle and my Brother-in-law used to drive there every week for the same company. My Uncle used to call the area "The Slot."
Come to think of it, a lot of times when returning from the east I will see a lot of cars pulled over by the CHP along that stretch or further down nearer Auburn. Forgot about that. Never been stopped myself. Hopefully my record will continue. :-D

I have had a ticket every time I’ve ever driven through Colfax! Usually it’s 2-3 mph over but as high as 6 over. They do not mess around!

Thanks for the tip,I'll try to remember that if I'm passing through that way again.
I don't recall seeing any police when I went through there but then again I probably wasn't doing much speeding while towing a 4000+ pound C-body.

Hello,my name is Sebastian,I come from Berlin Germany. this is my 1971 plymouth sportfury brougham 4door HT in Amber sherwood metallic

IMG-20180818-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20180818-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20180818-WA0001.jpg

20160820_184824.jpg

Hello,my name is Sebastian,I come from Berlin Germany. this is my 1971 plymouth sportfury brougham 4door HT in Amber sherwood metallic

Welcome to FCBO -- the angles you used to take the photos show a really, really nice car. Would you post a thread about it and its history?

Thanks ayilar, now the car was 1971 by sold to a Dealer collins in Amarillo TX. In 2006 the plymouth was Sold to germany. I am here in Germany Now the 4th owner.more I have not been able to find out about the history. Sorry for my english

20180821_133313.jpg

Last edited:
Back