fusible link and a few other questions

jct

Reaction score
looking for the correct or around the correct amperage for the fusible link since mine is currently a 3ag 30amp fast blow fuse, which i want to get a slow blow glass fuse in the correct amperage

and when my car is at idle with my lights on my dash goes all dark but when off idle it's back to were it should be at. whats the fix for that problem currently it has a autozone VR in it

I don't know that there is really much that you can do about it, other than upgrade to a higher amperage alternator and heavier gauge wiring between the alternator and the battery. Several of the guys on here have done it, bypassing the bulkhead and even the Amp Gauge (Ammeter).

If you still have the original style alternator and wiring in your car then I wouldn't go any larger than 30 Amp for fuses or Fuse Links. The original charging system wiring is only #10 Gauge. The weakest link is the Bulkhead Connector, if it's corroded. You could try checking and cleaning the terminals.

it's a new alternator, idk what the amp rating is on it yet, it is on my list to find out sooner or later heh

Back