G'day from down under

T8C ??? I can't remember.........anyone else know??/QUOTE said:
C-Chrysler
S- Special price class
43- 4 dr hardtop
T- Low Performance 440 (It would be a U if it was the HP 440)
8- 1978
C- Jefferson Mi plant

Thanks Mr.C!

I just found that data in the FSM under Intro and General Specifications.

AH-UM, Sorry Stan. I was the proud owner of ah '75 Corboba W/Genuine Ricardo Montalban Corinthian dark green matching leather. Them doorz had tah weigh 250lbs but I loved that beast

And G-DAY TO YOU TOO SIR. How very rude of me for jumping in on your thread RTCruiser without welcoming you whole heartedly first, DUM DUM Jerry, I'M AH NO CLASS REDNECK!!! Now RT, Can we talk here? How hard and long am I gonna havta look for one ah them cute little Charger VG-VH series '70 thru''73 W/ the 265HP HE, HE, HE, HEMI STUFFED UNDER THE BONNET? OWWWWW!

And G-DAY TO YOU TOO SIR. How very rude of me for jumping in on your thread RTCruiser without welcoming you whole heartedly first, DUM DUM Jerry, I'M AH NO CLASS REDNECK!!! Now RT, Can we talk here? How hard and long am I gonna havta look for one ah them cute little Charger VG-VH series '70 thru''73 W/ the 265HP HE, HE, HE, HEMI STUFFED UNDER THE BONNET? OWWWWW!

Like these?

0gz5.jpg

zfgp.jpg

Thanks guys for the decode on the fender tag.

You say it was build in April or March 1978 but the ID tag in the door pillar has the date of manufacture as 11-77. What would be the difference between these two dates. 5 months seems a bit of a gap

Thanks guys for the decode on the fender tag.

You say it was build in April or March 1978 but the ID tag in the door pillar has the date of manufacture as 11-77. What would be the difference between these two dates. 5 months seems a bit of a gap

On you fender tag, the 2nd line from the bottom. It either looks like 304 or 804 which would indicate March 4th or August 4th as the production date. I don't know why 11-77 would be on the door. Is the door original to the car?

Your build date showing April of '78 shows that there was another month left of production. Things were winding down super fast. They were grabbing right and wrong stuff off the shelf trying to use up inventory or using inventory that had been passed over for years because it was pretty rough looking.

It had to be April '78 because if it was November '77, the 04/78 tag would not have been made yet. The car probably got hung up off to the side for a month or two while the roving emergency repair crew had already been laid off..

Okay this is even more confusing. Here's a close up of the plate. That looks like B04

Your build date showing April of '78 shows that there was another month left of production. Things were winding down super fast. They were grabbing right and wrong stuff off the shelf trying to use up inventory or using inventory that had been passed over for years because it was pretty rough looking.

It had to be April '78 because if it was November '77, the 04/78 tag would not have been made yet. The car probably got hung up off to the side for a month or two while the roving emergency repair crew had already been laid off..

That is strange. My build date is February 8th, yet his sequence number is way less than mine. My door tag say 2-78.

DSC01171.jpg

DSC01171.jpg

Do you think B04 may indicate November 4th?

The first digit is the month, so 9 would be September, "A" could be October and "B" could be November. Then B04 build date of November 4 would make sense and match the 11-77 door tag and the sequence number would make sense also.

Gday RT, Sorry i didn't see your original posting earlier, Im an expat Aussie living in NC USA now, surrounded by mopars! They have it so good over here i can tell you, :yaayy:

Don't know for sure but always thought the B codes referenced brake size?

That 3 digit code on that position on the data plate is the build date. The first digit is the month and the next 2 digits is the day of manufacture. Mine is 208 which is February 8th and his is B04 which is October 4th. The first digit can only go to 9 so after September they went to letters to signify the month. "A" is September and "B" is October and so forth.

Bob has The Complete Encyclopedia of Build Codes sitting next to the toilet.

I have another complete list somewhere.......can't find the damn thing. It had that P51 code on it that I couldn't remember the other day.

I'm saving everything to my brick from now on. That way I have at least ONE location to go to find everything!

Back