Getting Ready for Carlisle

Too hot. Lol

It has a manifold gasket leaking too which I didn't get to.

I was willing to listen to it in air-conditioned comfort. Not so much in the heat with a pissed off wife. We took it down 3 yrs ago and the heat just wears you out after 7 hrs.

Getting too old I guess.

I could have had a local guy make up a new set of hoses first thing but he's out of town.

My fault for putting it off to the last minute but I wasn't 100% sure I could make it until a few weeks ago and of course life gets in the way when you're in a rush.

Kevin

We will be leaving Carlisle Monday morning. If all goes well we should be back home in Bama Thur or Fri. ( Stopping to visit friends in NC).
It would be great to meet up if possible.
Perhaps we can touch base later next week.

Thanks Wil. I hope it works out. I'll PM you.

Can't wait to hit the road tomorrow.
Question about parking. I'm looking at Gate 7 on the events map.
What is the parking like outside that gate. Google maps show it as residential. Residents sell spots in their yards or is it just street parking.
thanks

The grandstands at 330 this morning.

20160714_032109.jpg

Can't wait to hit the road tomorrow.
Question about parking. I'm looking at Gate 7 on the events map.
What is the parking like outside that gate. Google maps show it as residential. Residents sell spots in their yards or is it just street parking.
thanks

There's parking in residential yards or there's lot parking as you drive up to the spectator gate. If I'm just going in, I park in one of those two lots, preferring to park on the left in the school lot. It's $5 if I remember right. I like to give the school my money rather than someone else.

I'm just getting ready to go... Mrs. Big John is packing and I just stay the hell out of her way until she's done. I have to take the dogs to the dog hotel in a few and toss everything in the car. Then I'm on the road!

The weather looks a little "iffy" right now... Just under 280 miles so 5 hrs or so of driving... but with stops, it will be more like 6.

Last edited:
Weather is okay west of Carlisle, wish it would rain and cool the roof of the mill off so the damn crane will start working.

There's parking in residential yards or there's lot parking as you drive up to the spectator gate. If I'm just going in, I park in one of those two lots, preferring to park on the left in the school lot. It's $5 if I remember right. I like to give the school my money rather than someone else.
Thanks Big John,
Hopefully i will be hauling a few "finds" home from the vendors/swap field. I usually park at the opposite end of the fairgrounds.

For those that my not know if you are not bringing a vehicle in (window pass) you can give the gate $100 and they will let you in to pick up parts and such and you get you $100 back when you go back out.

Arrived at The Carlisle House about 7pm after playing in assorted traffic SNAFU's on 81 between Scranton and Harrisburg.

Diesel Dodge did a fine job. Good thing the truck spots on the show field are out in the boonies on the hill. I'm more of a form follows function than a spit and polish guy but this thing is leaning heavily on function vs form.

It does remove the need for the $100 deposit to pick something up should I find some treasure I can't do without.

There is a red 71 Custom Suburban here with AZ plates.

A member here?

Kevin

Carlisle has been a blast for me... I spent so much time in the swap. I keep for getting to take pictures, but I did get a few. Here is the parts car (not really anymore), trying not to get any "ugly" on a the neighbor's rides...
P7160051.JPG
P7160052.JPG

The parts car looks much better since I had the paint "buffed" by the the gas station brush type car wash... Black Imperials will never be that easy to maintain.

ATC II working, antenna working, 8 track working... The whole silly car is functional... and very nice road wheels... I'll stop bragging, but I got my first "you suck" verbally over this car... or maybe it was my personality... who cares, I win.

Too hot. Lol

It has a manifold gasket leaking too which I didn't get to.

I was willing to listen to it in air-conditioned comfort. Not so much in the heat with a pissed off wife. We took it down 3 yrs ago and the heat just wears you out after 7 hrs.

Getting too old I guess.

I could have had a local guy make up a new set of hoses first thing but he's out of town.

My fault for putting it off to the last minute but I wasn't 100% sure I could make it until a few weeks ago and of course life gets in the way when you're in a rush.

Kevin

Kevin, glad I met you at Carlisle.

Carlisle has been a blast for me... I spent so much time in the swap. I keep for getting to take pictures, but I did get a few. Here is the parts car (not really anymore), trying not to get any "ugly" on a the neighbor's rides...View attachment 85270 View attachment 85271

The parts car looks much better since I had the paint "buffed" by the the gas station brush type car wash... Black Imperials will never be that easy to maintain.

ATC II working, antenna working, 8 track working... The whole silly car is functional... and very nice road wheels... I'll stop bragging, but I got my first "you suck" verbally over this car... or maybe it was my personality... who cares, I win.

Jeff, glad I met you at Carlisle.

Who's car is this white one?

p7160052-jpg.85271

Mr C? I t hought all his cars were black for some reson. Is he there

image.jpeg
Gentlemen, I just wanted to say what an absolute pleasure it was to meet all of you this weekend at Carlisle. Bringing my car there was the first time I was ever a Carlisle as a participant. Meeting all of you was just the icing on the cake. Putting all the cars with the names faces and avatars. And the stunning classy Chrysler's you all alone.. I'm speechless.

For those of you that were unable to make it, I hope to meet you all somewhere in the near future.

Back