Getting Ready for Carlisle

Back on topic...The 300 seedan is officially ready. The l/f flex hose was blocked. After replacement and bleeding the brakes work perfectly--no more pulling into the ditch.
Also did the LED light conversion on the tail/turn signals.
Installed Hella H4 low beams and H1 high beams.
Did a headlamp alignment and discovered why I was suffering from CSS (cant see sh**) driving at night.

newfie 2016 300 lites 157.JPG

All that is left for my first pilgrimage to the Mother of Mopar shows is pack up and gas up.
The car is classified in the 300 non-letter class-where ever that would be in the showfield
See y'all there!!

The switchback bulbs are REALLY NEAT!!.
White on park,amber when turn signal activated.

I obviously missed the discussion on these "Switchback" lights please point me in the right direction as that's frickin cool!!

The switchback bulbs are REALLY NEAT!!.
White on park,amber when turn signal activated.
They look good. Funny thing though, the first thing I noticed in the picture was the very early issue plate. Not too many of them still around.

I have seen it mentioned hear a couple of times but no answer about a time and day to meet. Did I see 10:00 Saturday on another thread at Dave's "Polar71" tents?

They look good. Funny thing though, the first thing I noticed in the picture was the very early issue plate. Not too many of them still around.
Plate was issued to Rene's Dad in 1973.
Since Rene's Dad willed the car to him,MTO allowed the plate to stay with the car.
Just adds more to the car's provenance.
When La Chrysler got back on the road there was a ton of stickers built up on the plate where they had to be peeled off for the new one to stick

540497_10151350228150178_459488732_n.jpg

Plug and play or do you need the electronic flasher?
Electronic flasher with external ground wire. On Mopars you have to ull out the spades in the flasher plug and reverese the polarity to match the flasher.Works like a charm.

Ellie & I arrived at Carlisle around noon today. Great trip up. I was sweating it a little though. Friday, the day before we planned to leave and with the Admiral and Connie loaded, I lost high gear...!
Seeing as the car was likely to be in 2nd gear pulling the load most of the trip, we left anyways and drove here in 2nd gear. No real issues and we got to enjoy the scenery running all back roads.
The A/C worked great.
Were set up on row P #135/136/137 and the Admiral will be with the C body group.
Bring a chair over Friday after 5 pm for free beer.......!

Ellie & I arrived at Carlisle around noon today. Great trip up. I was sweating it a little though. Friday, the day before we planned to leave and with the Admiral and Connie loaded, I lost high gear...!
Seeing as the car was likely to be in 2nd gear pulling the load most of the trip, we left anyways and drove here in 2nd gear. No real issues and we got to enjoy the scenery running all back roads.

Way to persevere Will !

Oh P.S. I'll be in Montgomery next week. Will you be back / anywhere near you?

Back