Getting Ready for Carlisle

Thanks Big John,
Hopefully i will be hauling a few "finds" home from the vendors/swap field. I usually park at the opposite end of the fairgrounds.
Parked in an old ladies yard for $10 just outside gate 7. Made three trips back to the car with stuff. Way too hot to be hauling bags all over. Worked great for me and i missed all the traffic in town.

That must have been you at Advance Auto Parts Friday night??? You were under the dash, so I didn't want to bother you working on the NY'er.

Yep. That was me, the fuse to the lighter plug blew. 1 Amp, need to fix so I could charge my cell. Lol

May be two of them then?, because in the fuse panel all fuses were good,?there was a teny tiny 1 amp in a fuse link that was blown, replaced it then the lighter worked.

??? I have no idea on that !

I hope everyone makes it home safe and without breakdown's.
Screwed that one up already... I finally made it back to the fair grounds Sunday around 4:00
P7170233.JPG

I had to rent a uhaul trailer to go pick up something I have been working on for a few months. Then the kind gentleman I had been dealing with clued me in on his local old car paradise (junkyard)... that story will go in my vacation thread...

As I pulled over by Will's area and started re loading my trailer to be distribute the weight... Will came over and noticed a large red stain forming under the "parts car". I had a transmission cooler line fail... It must have happened in the fair grounds, because I had left a very noticeable trail along my travel path to Will's area.

Will rescued me by lending tools and providing transmission cooler hose... she took 5 quarts and left at least 1 1/2 where she sat while I fooled with the trailer. Will and Ellie took me out to dinner and to buy ATF... Many thanks to you both.

That's one of the many things I enjoy about you guys and this site. Helping each other when the crap hits the fan.

Speaking on Will and tranny issues. Will! How did you make out with that tranny swap? New one working out ok?

Back