Getting ready

Nice vanity plate :thumbsup:
They were the plates on the car until 06 when it became an Idaho car currently back home in Montana
15226051291121772229149.jpg

Nice vanity plate :thumbsup:

Nice to see a 318 car getting some attention. Great looking ride! :thumbsup:
That's all she was born with... Plenty of power to push her 19' @$& down the street... Came with a build sheet certi card all # matching.. 104xxx original miles Canadian car made its way to Montana in 68 sold brand new in Great falls Montana until 06 then Idaho until 17 when she was given to me for a fathers day present from my father

That's all she was born with... Plenty of power to push her 19' @$& down the street... Came with a build sheet certi card all # matching.. 104xxx original miles Canadian car made its way to Montana in 68 sold brand new in Great falls Montana until 06 then Idaho until 17 when she was given to me for a fathers day present from my father
Great story. A gift from your father.

What's the easiest way to remove the paint other than the obvious laquir thinner?
The good quality paint remover‘s are actually quite thick and you could carefully apply them to that tag to the point where the paper is lifted and wipe it off. I would mask around it pretty good and also hazard that any remover or fitter could damage The paint that is original to the tag. That I’m not sure about though.

If the paint is fairly fresh (soft) I'd try very carefully to chip it away with a small credit card like a CVS or Walgreens rewards card. There maybe lettering or border printing.
Of course carefully razor blade around the perimeter first so what you chip away don't travel.
Could also work with very old paint too, all depends on the tag surface adhesion to the paint.

Back