NOT MINE GG1 Green 383 "H" Code 1967 Plymouth VIP 4DR HDTP, $55,000!!

Other people on the board bought all of Dan's stuff, right? They could come in if they want on the prices. You're right on none of those cars have been restored and then sold, have they?

Some 300 Hursts have at sold at auction in the $50k plus range and in my opinion a V code '70 GT properly restored would be worth more and a properly restored '70 or '71 GT would be worth $50k.

I know of a low option '71 GT that was a solid southern car that underwent an expensive nut and bolt restoration that sold for $40k 10 or more years ago. There are those of us who love certain C bodies that would pay big dollars for the right car but this VIP is not one of them.

Some 300 Hursts have at sold at auction in the $50k plus range and in my opinion a V code '70 GT properly restored would be worth more and a properly restored '70 or '71 GT would be worth $50k.

I know of a low option '71 GT that was a solid southern car that underwent an expensive nut and bolt restoration that sold for $40k 10 or more years ago. There are those of us who love certain C bodies that would pay big dollars for the right car but this VIP is not one of them.
I generally agree with what you are saying but it also casts a dim glow on trying to restore any of our cars to their former glory if you ever plan to get your money out of them at some point.

But for me at least, I don't care what they would ultimately bring and I will restore them to their former glory anyway. That's what makes me happy at least, and money can't buy that journey but it can certainly help one in getting there. I just have to take my time to deal with what I can afford along that path.

Other people on the board bought all of Dan's stuff, right? They could come in if they want on the prices. You're right on none of those cars have been restored and then sold, have they?

At least three of Dan's cars are undergoing restorations but none of have completed and I doubt that they will be up for sale once finished. I have one of them and I will be upside down in terms of the investment vs. value of the car once it is finished but I am not restoring the car to sell.

lots of hot air..so much worry about the flipper, dan reminds me of a shyster as i tried more than one to buy some of the cars he advertised. I would describe dealing with him as elusive at best. The reason this very very nice car is priced so high is...it deserves that price, and to keep the flippers away. Most likely this one is too nice for you-all...lol

Since nobody is buying the VIP at asking price---which I assume is the "agreed upon replacement value"
seller can get the car "stolen" write it off and cash in on the loot.
Then again it is a nice car...

lots of hot air..so much worry about the flipper, dan reminds me of a shyster as i tried more than one to buy some of the cars he advertised. I would describe dealing with him as elusive at best. The reason this very very nice car is priced so high is...it deserves that price, and to keep the flippers away. Most likely this one is too nice for you-all...lol
Don't be mad that you are a cheap ***. You never would have restored any one of those cars. They went to good homes and will be finished.

I bought one of Dan's 71 GT cars for $4000. It needs a lot of work. Restoration has begun with a welder working on the front subframe, which is off the car. Car is waiting patiently in my garage. It will be a long time if ever before my car will be worth $55000. I guess there's always hope!:lol::lol:

As to the OP, $55000 is a ridiculously high price for that 1967 4-door VIP car. $15000 to $20000 is my guess at true value.

I just saw this one on CL and was wondering if anyone posted it, I just skimmed though the lengthy bullshit, a awful lot of unused extra supposed NOS parts, extra exhaust system, what's that all about? Extra AC unit too? Didn't care for the Instagram con... then something about a auction? No link to said auction, it's been up on CL for 25 days so has it been relisted how many times on eekBay? It is BIN and Make Offer so... but looking at the seller it looks a little suspicious as feedback shows that all previous sales are more than a year ago and seems to be bicycle related. Strange... I guess a big GLWS is appropriate.

Oh and I don't think that hood ornament is correct. Repaint? Re-Pop?

I saw this thread and thought the car would be a really cool companion to the originally GG1 67 Plymouth H code car I bought earlier this year. Mine is just a lowly A-body though, obviously nowhere near the value of a C-body four door.

D5A709AB-F56E-494A-AFC8-788D108A0E80.jpeg

Back