Going to part out a 67 newport Sunday, what's worth grabbing?

The rear Bumper! Ive been looking for a long time for bumpers. They are really hard to find or maybe im just looking in the wrong places!

Your title says what's worth grabbing, I would say the general consensus here is get the whole car.

That looks like one of those cars that got "totaled" by the insurance company, after a front end wreck, the prior owner bought the salvage with the intention of getting a new front clip, but it stopped there. That's one of those cars that's too nice to part out, but could be rebuilt with a new front clip and such. Unfortunately, once parted out, it's going to sit somewhere and rust away or be crushed. Yet, as it sits, would be a good project car.

Possibly it ought to go to one of the online salvage auction companies for resale as is?

LIfe goes on . . .

CBODY67

The center ashtrays might go from '65-'68 Chrysler. If Imperial, '67-'68 only?

I will purchase the capped rear bumper bolts if the heads of them are in nice shape, John.

Grab the whole car if the price is right. Plenty of goodies to help you get some funds for your car.

For me that side chrome is getting pretty rare to find it without pits. If you grab the car we could probably make a deal for the pieces on the doors if in great shape.

Steve

I want that front split bench too, but shipping would be awkward.
You'd need a big box built onto a pallet or two... I'd guess Fastenal would cost $100-300 to ship depending on if you catch a promotion and how much value you claim. If I ever ship front seats, I'd take the backs off so they can stack... shouldn't be too hard, but more effort than most folks are willing to go through. You'd need a full size pickup or rental flatbed to get it to/from Fastenal, they'll have a forklift at the locations that you can ship to/from, but your seller would have to build the box in the truck and then load it if they don't have a forklift of their own.

You'd need a big box built onto a pallet or two... I'd guess Fastenal would cost $100-300 to ship depending on if you catch a promotion and how much value you claim. If I ever ship front seats, I'd take the backs off so they can stack... shouldn't be too hard, but more effort than most folks are willing to go through. You'd need a full size pickup or rental flatbed to get it to/from Fastenal, they'll have a forklift at the locations that you can ship to/from, but your seller would have to build the box in the truck and then load it if they don't have a forklift of their own.
That bench wouldn’t work in a 2 door model as the backs are fixed in this sedan.

I have a 68 newport I'm hoping to get a few parts for from a 67 that's going bye bye Monday. Not getting a whole lot and not planning to bring my savings with me but is there any hard to find parts that are worth grabbing just to have?
Hello, How are the bumpers? I have an almost complete 68 new Yorker for parts. SOunds like I am in the opposite mode of you. I am fixing up a 67 and have a 68 for parts

Door panels and trim, windows, regulators. You should get the whole car and take your time parting it out.
Agreed! Rims, too, are valuable. Drums, if good, and I was looking for left hand STUDS, which are nearly impossible to find, for the left side of the my '68 300. Nut are easily had, studs are not. Once this thing is gone....ugh! Do take your time....:thumbsup:

5A6ED8E1-B75A-470C-B068-DD17D3C63E30.jpeg
I’ll see if I can get this one. Looks very good.

Make room! That's a deal,if you can find a parking spot for it, do it, it's a no-brainer.

Im going back next week. He decided to hold off taking it to the scrap yard just for me. I'm gonna take a bunch off it. I'll check bumpers, trim, chrome, ash trays, etc

Back