Goldie in her new digs

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I finally got my boat out of my garage and Goldie has her new winter garage. She makes her little brother look puny next to her. Hopefully I'll get the rest of the sheathing and shelving up sometime this winter. Kind of low on the priority right now.

IMG_20171217_105619937.jpg
IMG_20171217_105602801.jpg

Way tah go Mike. Every once in ah while we havtah buy our slevez one fer Christmas aye? When you get tired of the White Crap come on down, we'll find yeah an extra bedroom and ham sandwich or 12 and you can do it again here in Wilmington, lol. Out standing, Jer

WTF....is that a Match Box car next to Goldie...:poke:

Yes that is my first car I bought at 17. Dated my wife in it. I'll never get rid of it at this point, although my wife only wants to ride in Goldie now. Me too. I put 2000 on her last year and about 200 on the MG.

I like the Fallout Shelter sign!
Good eye, need to find a place to hang it. It is the real McCoy, somewhere in the construction of the garage it was referred as one, and then found out they are pretty plentiful to buy.

Good eye, need to find a place to hang it. It is the real McCoy, somewhere in the construction of the garage it was referred as one, and then found out they are pretty plentiful to buy.
Spotting those comes from being of school age during the cold war and Cuban missile crisis... and living in a targeted city.

If the school bell rang four times, you would go into the basement of the school and squat down next to the wall. In hindsight, all that would insure was that your body was buried in the ruble.... But they didn't tell you that. They ran a few drills on that when things were the worst... Scary crap for a eight year old.

Very nice! With that tall ceiling you could easily add a couple four post lifts and stack them two high. Looks like a four car garage if I ever saw one. :D

Jeff

I would have needed a lift a little sooner if I would have made a certain purchase this week. I like the idea of a couple of 4 post lifts in there. :)

BTW, I love your '66 300. I watched a couple episodes of the 1960's version of the Green Hornet last night, and Britt Reid was driving a brand new '66 300 convertible, white with the tan interior. Lot's of great C-Body sightings in that show.

Nice looking storage space! Now I have to go back and finish the building transformation thread that you started.

So, Mike were you specifically looking for a 2 dr Imp with air or is more general than that?

Even more narrow than that really. 67 or 68 Imperial Coupe with A/C. 67 being my first choice. Would consider an exceptional 4 door hardtop. All must be an exterior color on my preferred list, which is about any of the colors except white or tan colors.

Last edited:
I finally got my boat out of my garage and Goldie has her new winter garage. She makes her little brother look puny next to her. Hopefully I'll get the rest of the sheathing and shelving up sometime this winter. Kind of low on the priority right now.

View attachment 157439 View attachment 157440
You forget how big these cars really are till you see a shot like this!
How much did the foam insulation cost compared to fiberglass?

You forget how big these cars really are till you see a shot like this!
How much did the foam insulation cost compared to fiberglass?
I will admit I had sticker shock when I first got the quote. In this situation it was the only route I was going to go, so I never got a fiberglass estimate. Just to give you an idea it was a little over $2,000. The wall to the right is completely sprayed too, where you see the sheeting, along with straight on to the metal roof. Very happy in the end and it is sealed tight.

Back