Goldie in her new digs

I will admit I had sticker shock when I first got the quote. In this situation it was the only route I was going to go, so I never got a fiberglass estimate. Just to give you an idea it was a little over $2,000. The wall to the right is completely sprayed too, where you see the sheeting. Very happy in the end and it is sealed tight.
I'm not entirely sure that glass would have been much less. .. certainly, any difference would have been offset by time consumption and sealing ability. I'm thinking of going that way in my garage as playing around with fiberglass lies at the high end of my "things I wont be doing once I'm 40 years old" list!

The additional benefit for me is it will extend the life of my metal roof from condensation. Get references it takes a pretty big set up to do it right.

You could get more garage space if you put the MG in Goldie's trunk.

Goldie is literally twice the car. My MG weight 2,000lbs and Goldie comes in over 4,000lbs and is 7 feet longer. :)

This is the front view neither car was moved from the previous pictures.

IMG_20171217_110107610.jpg

Has the MG been reliable? British automotive engineering wasn't the bestg back then.

I think they get a bad rap. It has started every spring no issues since 1983. Only time it left me stranded in all those years. 2 old metal fans lost a blade, (now plastic) and stopped several times for clogged fuel filter until I replaced the tank. I always had a spare filter in the trunk, could change it out in a couple of minutes.

Besides regular maintenance, one clutch, and one valve job due to unleaded gas. I have put a supercharger on the original engine and a 5 speed out of a 280Z. I have done all the work myself.

Before

36206[1].jpg

After
New paint and supercharger.JPG

very sweet mod , great job . i have many projects , one of which is 48 austin a40 . is a custom rig . but it has a 4 them , and i've been looking for a four cylinder i can and a 4-71 on , again its all fours , even the rims i have pick out for it are old vintage bigs n little's american racing magnesiums , yes 4 spoke libra's in 13x6 and 15x18 . its a hotrod pickup .
G2SMbb60138b-733e-473e-8195-e43e1e4b06b7-16153.jpg

Did the trans bolt in, or require some modifications?

There was a company that put it all together, new drive shaft, engine plate, they modify the flywheel. You supply the transmission. They picked the 280z transmission because it lines up perfect, so seated in the car it looks stock.

Mike, are you going to have heat in the garage eventually?

Mike, are you going to have heat in the garage eventually?
It is not planned at this time, but possibly in the future. I wanted to insulate at this time to cut down on the condensation in the building. My shop has the lift and heat so I am good right now.

I honestly built this for future car storage, and to be able to clear out my shop when I have a spraying job.

Back