Gorgeous Black C Body

yes , black is a nightmare to keep up , but when its great . not much to say but , wow ! mine could use some polish time , lol .
Scan0013_0013.jpg
Scan0015_0015.jpg
69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP DRIVER SIDE.jpg
69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP REAR END.jpg
69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP SMASHED GRILL.jpg
DSC08126.JPG

Black......once, and never again

View attachment 128588
There's your problem... You went with the mistake that bow ties were in fashion :poke:
Some time back there was a post about and or of a beautiful black C body image/photo.
The writer said after he saw this pic he had to have one. I think it was an early 70's C model.
My first thought was you must be referring to these sweethearts...:D
302902_301149256573765_1499061078_n-jpg.jpg

But I do get a little narrow minded...

There's your problem... You went with the mistake that bow ties were in fashion :poke:

My first thought was you must be referring to these sweethearts...:D
View attachment 128611
But I do get a little narrow minded...

Do you have the early center caps on those black stallions? Shouldn't they have the shorter ones? I didn't notice that before in your previous photos. :poke:

White interior, a/c, power locks, p windows, p brakes (drum), p steering. All original engine and trans. It's a real looker, but very rusty and needs a lot of work. I just sourced all of the sheet metal and a disk brake setup. I planned on starting a build thread, but I'm on the fence with it since I still have my vert to work on (in the background). I might not start work on it until next year.

chrysler_front.JPG

White interior, a/c, power locks, p windows, p brakes (drum), p steering. All original engine and trans. It's a real looker, but very rusty and needs a lot of work. I just sourced all of the sheet metal and a disk brake setup. I planned on starting a build thread, but I'm on the fence with it since I still have my vert to work on (in the background). I might not start work on it until next year.

View attachment 128640

That's a rare one. Good colors! Is it an L code car?

Last edited:
with keystone classic's on the rear , that priceless . i do like the sport fury gt's . well its a fixer upper , got the nose to fit her . the guy that wrecked her , said i thought it was going to stop in time . then let it sit in his driveway for years before he would sell it to me , he even start peeling it for its goodies . stopped him and bought her . then ask why did he not put her back together again . said couldn't find the parts . a friend i was with , told me about a shell this farmer had sitting in his field . not even ten miles away was a stripped out 69 rrun'r coupe 383 4spd beat up quarters and rear half was junk from board sliding it into trees it looked like . no hood but the front end was great . it was sitting on the bare hubs in the dirt . i bought it from the farmer and went by the wreck run'rs house to show him . he says , were did you find that . so i told him . but ya thats going to get recued . and that cut rrun'r would have been saved today . and my 64 barracuda , shes a 273 4spd 71/4 originally , going with a 340 6pck 4spd 8 3/4 loc'r . kh disc , qa-1 ucas n lcas and stut rods , beafer steering , 340 gts t bars , should be fun . i've got a pair of vintage small pattern american t70 for the nose , and i built some 15v8's steels on the small pattern centers for the rears . it will sit a little high i built a set of leafs for the rear , not super stock spring high , like the 43jr car , just more pan and header clearance .

Polara71: "It looks from that side."

It looks _____ from that side?

IMG_3535.JPG

Last edited:
Do you have the early center caps on those black stallions? Shouldn't they have the shorter ones? I didn't notice that before in your previous photos. :poke:
I was hoping the more knowledgeable would have stepped in for me here... Road Wheels don't appear in the Imperial brochures for 74-75... but were dealer available. The older caps are era correct, the newer caps took a couple more years to come out. Somewhere Mr C did do a write up about his love of the wheels and seeing them installed at the dealer on a different car. The twins are as delivered as far as wheels and tires are concerned, and my spare set are early ones as well (driver quality).

I intend to mount the spares on Road Wheels after seeing the steel wheel spare in use on Bob's car, looking naked on the one corner, last year at Carlisle. I can only pray that if I need the spare, nothing else gets hurt.

74 Chrysler Plymouth brochure...
1974%20cp%20brochure%20page25.jpg

75 Chrysler full line brochure...
n_1975%20Chrysler%20Full%20Line%20%20Cdn%20-14.jpg

My 76 has the later style wheel centers, but I failed to find a brochure pic for them.

Back