Got a few questions

Ok so I think I've got it figured out. If I stay with the 65 stub I'm stuck looking for factory one year only stuff. And if I can find the early A833 (hemi) tranny to go with the original drive shaft. Or I can change to the 66 stub frames and make life Easyer by being able to fine stuff that will work and cheaper. I need to find a B or c body A833 tranny and put a slip yoke in and life will be good.

I've been looking and forund schmacher creative services. I see they have the mounts i'll most likely need if i can't find originals. for the 66 stub. not badly priced for not having any as far as i know.

What's wrong with that 65 Stub? Doesn't look damaged at all?

If you look at the frame horns just in front of the drivers A arm mounts it is not saposta look like that. I did measure both stubs and from front A arm mount back They are fine but from Front A arm forward its over about a 1/4" to the passager side.

Cool you have the original torque strap/cable..!!

I'm not sure about the 65, but the 66 BB engine is not centered in the engine bay. It's off a few inches to the passengers side.

I'm thinking the 65 was also since the tranny mount is not in the center either. Think I'm goin to take some time and just make life Easier and put the 66 stub under the 65. I did look at the bell housing and clutch that was in the cars truck. Number on bell housing show it to be for a 65-66 383. Has the 4.35? hole for the tranny. The old clutch has 23 splines.

Back