GT No 3#

CanCritter

Reaction score
Face Book not mine …

Held off for awhile doing this, but with the pandemic destroying my business I’ve decided to let this beauty go. Sharing in this group first for sale 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT. VIN PH23L0F100735. 440 engine. Repainted original color, rebuilt tranny and carb. Most things have been updated. Stereo with xm, 8 track. Lights work. Garage kept. Runs great. Was starting to work on replacing interior carpet and trim when **** hit the fan. Asking 19k. Atlanta, Ga. message me for any details. Thanks!

98504582377_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=07e735&_nc_ohc=YKHP0DOrsAgAX8WDN9-&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc3-1.jpg

83764402391_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=07e735&_nc_ohc=iTyFSbJ7ZsAAX9d0C9i&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc3-1.jpg

48392846801_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=07e735&_nc_ohc=nE9LqH-NEMYAX_Q7IEh&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc3-1.jpg

03859803095_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=07e735&_nc_ohc=3wuX7-h9-1AAX_QZzVv&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc3-1.jpg

03859803095_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=07e735&_nc_ohc=3wuX7-h9-1AAX_QZzVv&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc3-1.jpg

ya l know...side trim raises questions...have asked for pic of vin tag
that's the one thing l like about this site is most furys are known or close to it,,,

Last edited:
Missing hose from compressor to A/C condenser, A/C is trashed. Wrong master cylinder for the application, looks like a GM unit. Color is not original,after market heater control, washer bottle and ignition. After market air cleaner. Obvious that this is not a GT. Grossly overpriced.

Dave

just looking at trunk lock...thoughts?
4402391_o-jpg-_nc_cat-103-_nc_sid-07e735-_nc_ohc-ityfsbj7zsaax9d0c9i-_nc_ht-scontent-fyyc3-1-jpg.jpg

thought it might be a GT re trunk lock and thought aftermarket trim was thrown on because they couldn't find strobe stipes mayby….tag pic promised tomorrow...
if this is a known car by a member here thoughts welcome

just looking at trunk lock...thoughts?
View attachment 400017

thought it might be a GT re trunk lock and thought aftermarket trim was thrown on because they couldn't find strobe stipes mayby….tag pic promised tomorrow...
if this is a known car by a member here thoughts welcome

'70 SFGT was only offered with T-Code or V-Code 440. VIN shows an L-Code 383-2, so this can not be a GT. If the A51 option code shows up on the build tag, it could have been an S-23, but I do not see that on the build sheet.

Dave

So is the car above FK3 or EV2, or was EV2 a misnomer?
Is this car FK3? It looks remarkably similar to me.

upload_2020-9-4_21-15-20.png

So is the car above FK3 or EV2, or was EV2 a misnomer?
Is this car FK3? It looks remarkably similar to me.

View attachment 400122

This car looks like FK5 to me, Deep burnt orange as opposed to metallic burnt orange, FK3. EV2, Toreador red was not offered on the SFGT, but I think it was available on other sport fury models. Next to the build tag on post #1 there appears to be some gold paint, core support might not be native to this car. The car in post #1 appears to be missing the metallic normally common to FK3, might just be the lighting but the shade appears off.

Dave

Last edited:
I've been doing some further digging as I'm curious about the color code.
How about this car, then? Hard to tell from an old photo.

upload_2020-9-4_22-9-17.png

Found this post, which suggests car for sale is FK3, which matches the Build Sheet.
If so, it matches the car that I posted. (but I already know that:D)
Comes with assorted 8-tracks
upload_2020-9-4_22-6-6.png

Yes!
When I first saw this thread title, I had to look at it because I lust for a GT.
When I saw the pictures, I immediately thought of the Great Pumpkin.
Called for the wife/kids to come see a Great Pumpkin, for although I sold mine years before family life, they had heard of it, and here was a chance to see pictures of one. Not very common, yet here was another one.

I didn't notice the side trim, as I was only seeing memory lane. And it was a 440, of course - mine was a 383.

When somebody said L-code 383-2 barrel, and not a GT - I started getting *real* curious.

Scrolled back to the top to read a little more, and look for clues. Saw a late-70s washer bottle that looked like one I installed in my car. Many other things were different, some things that Dave Lux mentioned. But some things were the same, including a low VIN. But I didn't take detailed pics of my cars back then, no VIN or FT pics, and the newest pic I have is from 17 years ago.

I had forgotten the VIN# of the car I had, I only remembered it was one of the first 1000 that year, built in Aug 69.
Didn't fully realize the uniqueness of the car until years later - a SF, in orange, and such an early build?

I was 95% sure this was my old car. Nothing showed it wasn't, for I knew the original 383 came out by the next owner, so a 440 swap wasn't inconceivable. The low VIN was the big thing - would be odd for 2 in that same color combo so early in production? I had a spark of inspiration, and headed to the basement for my old car folders. Still had the folder on it, and inside there it was - an old registration from the prior owners, showing last-6 of 100735.

95% went to 100. Not just a Great Pumpkin, but the Great Pumpkin.
I owned this car from fall of 1998 until 2003 or 2004.
So cool to see it again!

Always interesting to see a car you used to own at a much later date. Sometimes it gives a guy a nice warm feeling to see that the car was cared for and improved.

Dave

Thanks Carsten but I want a real GT or an unmolested Sport Fury no Bastelbude for me that´s priced higher
than the two GTs that just appeared last week for sale..
I don´t know whether it´s the light but it doesn´t look like FK3, it´s too bright more EV2-ish. I love orange but
I´ll pass on this one and on the two GTs as well. Sorry Carsten I´ll continue to :poke: you about your ER6 :lol:

Back