Hadn't really planned on this...

fshd4it

Reaction score
I set a couple parameters for my next car (or project, which they all seem to be) a while back, that it had to be a green, 2 door post. I thought that might make it more difficult to drag another one home, since I REALLY don't need another. I'd been joking with my buddy for several years about selling me his '60 Seneca, and 3 months ago he called my bluff. I now have my first C body.

20230808_114703.jpg

Congrats on buying it!
Not many 2 door post sedans left nowadays.
So from buying ftom yer buddy I assume you know the car and its history?

Cool profile! I love the cars old school personality.
It's not a C body but we embrace all Ma's full size children here.

Congrats on buying it!
Not that much. He had it for 15 years or so, she started out as a slant with a 3 speed. He drove it occasionally that way, then decided to do a 318/904 swap. That's pretty much where it stalled... it's been sitting for as long as I've known him, probably 10 or 12 years.

Cool profile! I love the cars old school personality.
It's not a C body but we embrace all Ma's full size children here.
Thanks for clearing that up for me, I've always thought that C bodies didn't get their start until '65. Good to have the forum on here though, gives these old ones more exposure. I was sold on the (one year only) style, and the front 1/3 of the car is starting to grow on me.

We have to let him in, It's full sized for the time and doesn't fit anywhere else. What else did they have Imperials and Valiants? Welcome to the 'Forward look! Green sedans are cool!

Nice car! Complete the set of 200s wheels and get that in the road. I love the stance.

Gotta say, it's probably the longest car I've had, not counting the '66 Imperial I learned to drive in. But that was my Dad's anyway. I was surprised at how light it is, as I was able to roll it in and out of my shop (to yard out the 318) by myself.

Nice car! Complete the set of 200s wheels and get that in the road. I love the stance.
Got a bit more to do than that, as it sat out in the weather with carpet on the floor (and in the trunk as well). So I'll have to fab up new pans all around. Frame rails are super solid though, and very little rust in the body. Apologies to the purists, but this is a salvage job, not a restoration. I'll put it together with parts I have lying around, not planning on any body or paint work. I feel the rarity and the "look" of the car will speak for itself.

Cool looking car!
Let's see a picture of the front that you are liking so much.

Cool looking car!
Let's see a picture of the front that you are liking so much.
Here ya go. This was when I went to pick it up. I'm seeing some common angles with the '61 Fury, and there's a lot of shiny up front, but at least all the pieces are present and accounted for. The only thing that digs at me is how much higher the front valance is than the rockers, but I think a bit more wheel/tire would offset that a bit.

20230801_135314.jpg

But the fins... oh those fins. To me, they're just about perfect. But I've always appreciated subtle.

20230801_135242.jpg

Congrats on buying it!
Wow, just wow.Looks really complete. Nothing worse that having allot of trim missing to slow a project down.
Looking forward to seeing the build.

Wow, just wow.Looks really complete. Nothing worse that having allot of trim missing to slow a project down.
Looking forward to seeing the build.
That was one of the biggest deciding factors in buying it, pretty much everything is there. Glass and lenses are all fine, and the stainless, while not perfect, is complete. There's a guy who repairs trim near me, I'll be bringing him pieces as I can afford.

Paint the valance silver. I believe the were all like that from factory (was on my phoenix). It then becomes part of the bumper instead of a front panel

View attachment 628443
I like the look of that a lot better. The car was originally fawn (near as I can tell), they probably just painted the lower valance along with the rest of the car.

Ttotired, now you've got me zooming in on the front end of every '60 picture I find. Absolutely right, the silver does tie the whole front together. Thats a great looking car by the way.

That is a good looking car, but that 2 door really makes your car look awesome!

Back