Happy 3/18 Day

traintech55

Reaction score
Hey everyone, we Chrysler guys don't get many days in the year that the date lines up with out engines. Good time to sit back and think about how lucky we all are. Have a great day with your family and special cars.
Bill

20140517_154101.jpg

Rather than wait for calendar days, I look at the order number on my cash register receipts from fast food restaurants. Same orientation, engine displacements. Many ones popular in the '60s and '70s, but some before that too. A diversion . . .

CBODY67

I sold a car to a guy once and he paid me with a cashiers check. The check number was 169383.

I sold him one 1969 383 Roadrunner.

I do the same, and do it at work too, but those are a bit rarer to see

One thing I did as then-treasurer of our then-young Mopar club, I got us a Post Office Box. Otherwise, whomever was President or whatever got club mail at their home residential address. So, I looked in the PO Zip Code book and discovered that each branch had their own post office box number ranges. So I started thinking about what numbers to seek.

I did all of my mailing at the main post office, so that's where I looked. When I went to see about getting one, they gave me a list of the available ones. I chose "162413" as the best one. That's the one we got and still have. All professional and all of that! I'm still getting mailings from that old listing (now over 35 years ago!) of my address with the club, which got a new name later on, to go with the dealership sponsor's ownership. Some Internet mailing list compilations don't get updated and promoters will send mailings to anybody and everybody on them, it seems.

One day in the 1990s, I saw a Chevy Blazer with the license plate number which began with "NS1-". Knowing that in Chrysler Parts, that meant "Not Serviced code 1", or "discontinued", I grinned and laughed. Little did that owner know . . .

CBODY67

Took this picture at a car show in Tehachapi, CA, well over a decade ago. This car was nice!
IMG_1119.JPG
IMG_1117.JPG

Back