Happy Independence Day

244!?! Was the bicentennial really 44 years ago? Wow that makes me feel old.

I remember the freedom train, the new quarters and we went up to San Francisco and watched the tall ships sail in under the Golden Gate. Back when nobody took a knee...

DSC01076.JPG
Happy 4th Everyone

No matter where you are in the world, hopefully today we can all relax and enjoy a peaceful 4th of July!
Just a few moments ago I read this for the 1st time since Grade school...take a minute to go over it again, it's pretty awesome READ: The Declaration of Independence
Resized_20170704_184801.jpg

Happy Independence Day!

Go shoot some guns! The more the better! Our family will be shooting, from the youngest 6 year old to the oldest member at 65! Maybe blow up some tanarite!
A little BarBque.
Then some fireworks!!

4th 0f July. Not my favorite holiday. 4th of July 1968. Dau Tiang Viet Nam. Over 400 rockets, mortars and a huge ground attack on our base camp. I saw a demon that day.
The fire works represent something completely different to me. I just stay low and try to block it out.

Sorry guys, sometimes it just feels better to talk about it.

:usflag:

Last edited:
4th 0f July. Not my favorite holiday. 4th of July 1968. Dau Tiang Viet Nam. Over 400 rockets, mortars and a huge ground attack on out base camp. I saw a demon that day.
The fire works represent something completely different to me. I just stay low and try to block it out.

Don't be sorry Will, better to let it out amongst friends and those who had military experience.

Thanks for your service to you country.

4th 0f July. Not my favorite holiday. 4th of July 1968. Dau Tiang Viet Nam. Over 400 rockets, mortars and a huge ground attack on out base camp. I saw a demon that day.

Thank you for your service Will. I can't even imagine what that day was like for you and the rest of your brave unit. Bombs bursting in air isn't just a line from our national anthem, it was life or death for many of our soldiers. :usflag:

Back