Has anyone ever won a car show with their C body?

I just won another trophy over the weekend. Top 50 isn’t too bad I guess.

IMG_0609.jpeg

I find that most people who know nothing about C Body’s love to hear about the line. I can hang with Chevy folks as I know a lot of the history. Ford guys to a degree. Mopar folks who are open to the whole offering are cool to talk to. But a lot of “car guys” that think the car they wanted as a kid is still the only car worth their time, forget it. I never even thought of a c body until my 20’s when I just happened upon one. I went through all the “make a race car” stuff and that was fun but. What that 1968 Monaco was in 2000 when I got it was as close to “mint/original” as I’d ever seen and likely will ever see again.

It takes time for one person to really open up to what seemed at the time to be a statement against their youthful aspirations. The judges? Shoot. I’ve had them laugh at my cars. My own dang FATHER laughed at my 68 Monaco, at least till he drove it. Screw em. The conversations I get in sitting by my car are infinitely better than trophies. And if I don’t get those, I get to look at my car in the sun.

Someone noted Beverly, my 67 Monaco500 as “a work in progress”. If they meant that in a positive way, thanks. No disagreement on that. If they meant that in a negative way well. .. whatever. I see you’re having a hard time ignoring her!

I've won one First Place trophy at an all-makes car show in 2021. Also won 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals over the past three years in the C Body Class at the Chicagoland Mo-Par Madness Annual Car Shows. When I came in 2nd and 3rd, the class winners were 300 Letter cars.
2021 Osco Westmont and MoPar Madness.jpg

Back