Has anyone fit a B body center console (auto) into a 65-66 Fury?

Inspector71

Reaction score
I found a 65 center console for my brother's 66 (yes, I know they are different at the front) Sport Fury but it is $500. I have been told a B body console will work but never read of anyone actually installing one. Do they fit, and, if so, what mods are required? I have a "shortened" one in my 66 Sport Fury and thought about picking up a full sized one but I ran into the same problem, no one makes a C body console that I'm aware of. Thanks, and my apologies if this has been asked before. I did a google forum search first but came up empty.

I found a 65 center console for my brother's 66 (yes, I know they are different at the front) Sport Fury but it is $500. I have been told a B body console will work but never read of anyone actually installing one. Do they fit, and, if so, what mods are required? I have a "shortened" one in my 66 Sport Fury and thought about picking up a full sized one but I ran into the same problem, no one makes a C body console that I'm aware of. Thanks, and my apologies if this has been asked before. I did a google forum search first but came up empty.

65 B & C body consoles will interchange, and 66 B & C body consoles will interchange ..... but .... 65 and 66 consoles are different and do not interchange. 65 brackets might be welded to a 66 floor .... could work that way.

Bluefury361: You made my day! We have the original ones but they are cracked beyond repair so this will be welcome news. Once we get these two done, I'll find a way to post pics. Again, thank you very much for taking the time to answer. What a relief.

Back