HEADERS FOR SPORT FURY

nama7

Reaction score
I am wanting to put some Headers on my 65 Sport Fury with a 1974 318LA motor. I have seen some posts talking about the Sanderson DD7 being a direct fit. They are rather pricey. I saw this set of Headers for a Jeep with a 360 motor. Has anybody tried to fit these to your C body? I don't have any info about the Headers.

jeep headrers.jpg

Are those your headers or do you have to buy them? If you already have them, why don't you give it a try. The worst that would happen is that they won't work. I'll bet no one ever tried it.

I am wanting to put some Headers on my 65 Sport Fury with a 1974 318LA motor. I have seen some posts talking about the Sanderson DD7 being a direct fit. They are rather pricey. I saw this set of Headers for a Jeep with a 360 motor. Has anybody tried to fit these to your C body? I don't have any info about the Headers.

View attachment 617911
Headers for a Dakota with a Magnum 318 work in a C body, obviously a shop would have to make some down pipes. They stay more up and out of the way.

sum-g9045_w_xl.jpg

well i know it exists. my question is whether nama is aware that there is a difference.
I don't know much of anything about fitment from I vehicle to another. This forum seems to have a wealth of knowledge about these type things. I have not bought the Headers. The guy has them listed for $125. I thought they might be a way to get the job done without spending my great grandchildren's college money.

I don't know much of anything about fitment from I vehicle to another.
the back story is that there is an amc 360 that was used in jeeps. you would have to confirm that the 360 mentioned is actually a chrysler engine. even if it is, the likely hood of them fitting is about zero.

the back story is that there is an amc 360 that was used in jeeps. you would have to confirm that the 360 mentioned is actually a chrysler engine. even if it is, the likely hood of them fitting is about zero.
That is exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks

Yep, if you look at the header flange, you'll see it matches the 360 AMC head exhaust port.

1695239891742.png

360 Mopar heads.

1695240006335.png

It might be better to just find a set of manifolds that will dump the exhaust out in an area that will work. That would be the most cost efficient way to get on the road. If you’re out to just enjoy the car, headers aren’t going to be of any difference you’ll actually feel. I think you need to do what’s best for you. Either way there’s going to be an expense to complete the exhaust system, headers may not be best at this time. I like that you’ve done something different!!

It might be better to just find a set of manifolds that will dump the exhaust out in an area that will work. That would be the most cost efficient way to get on the road. If you’re out to just enjoy the car, headers aren’t going to be of any difference you’ll actually feel. I think you need to do what’s best for you. Either way there’s going to be an expense to complete the exhaust system, headers may not be best at this time. I like that you’ve done something different!!
I have decided to just leave things the way they are. I do have a good set of cast iron manifolds installed.

The Dakota headers are a good choice.
Another really good option is the manifolds from a 5.2/5.9 Magnum, they flow really well, reportedly on par with the early 340 manifolds, which are highly regarded for flow.
The 92-93 versions have a slightly larger outlet from the later ones.
But either size would be sufficient for a stock LA.

Due to the larger outlet, the early manifolds reportedly fetch a premium.
They have an EGR port that needs blocked, though. (visible at the rear of the passenger manifold shown here, it's the flat spot pointing upward)

And be aware, there are Jeep 360 manifolds avaialble in the Magnum era too. (bottom pic)
They are Mopar 360 pieces, and they bolt on, but the exits are in different locations. I don't recall any reports of how those fit in a car.

1695901344311.png

1695901354365.png

1695901766465.png

Back