Headers. Why?

Where do people get the logic where they get a car with 137,450 miles on it and immediately want to put on an aftermarket intake, carburetor, and headers on it?

Because that was the way it was done in the beginning and we all know that man is reluctant to accept change...in other words you don't F with tradition. All the cool guys do it.
imagesCA8H0LX4.jpg

If you told these guys not to put headers on their daily driver street cars you probably would have gotten an argument.
dean-jeffries[1].jpg

imagesCA8H0LX4.jpg

dean-jeffries[1].jpg

I happen to agree with you and was just opining on what the root cause of the trend might be.

I supposed it is really about the sound and the visceral gratification that came with it. I mean we all did it, kind of tribal I guess, AND sounded bad ***!

I too was there for the first but not the second.

:rofl::rofl:
For me its just personal preference. I was born in the greatest country on earth and because of that I can do what I want with my car. Although you may not see massive gains on a mildly built street car there's always that little boy in me that goes "Ooooo" when i see a well built exhaust system in a beautiful engine bay. So maybe its just aesthetics for me. Just my personal opinion but life is too short to stay stock. Stock sucks for 95% of the cars in the world. now there are cars out there that just shouldn't be touched, and yes some of those cars are Mopars. I mean why do women wear high heels? Why do people buy raised letter tires? Why do we put sprinkles on our cupcakes. I don't know about you guys but I'd rather see a nice set of unnecessary headers than a lifted Cutlass with 96 inch wheels! Just my opinion.
“How does positive traction on a Plymouth work? I don’t know, it just does” ~Joe Dirt

sorry, reading your reply made me think of that quote

Back