Headers

mrzods13

Reaction score
Looking at headers, I have Hedman 78030 that I bought before the 68 Newport was even on the road. I have been looking at Hedman 78070 the shortys. I have been reading that the long tubes you run into a lot of clearance problems on the drivers side. I am buying a tti exhaust for the newport but just cant afford their headers. Any suggestions?

Yea those are double what the hedmans would cost. Figured the shortys wont have as many clearance issues as the long tubes. Plus I am thinking about how close the long tubes will run next to the starter.

I still think factory hi-po logs are the best way to go for a c body street machine, and you know they will fit properly. Only just my .2

No go to junkyard if you want more reliablity get a set of contacts it will outlast me. Your looking for 92-95 pu or van.

No go to junkyard if you want more reliablity get a set of contacts it will outlast me. Your looking for 92-95 pu or van.

Can you clarify that for me? What do you mean by getting a set of contacts. And I'm assuming that the engines in those trucks will be the 360, right?

Can you clarify that for me? What do you mean by getting a set of contacts. And I'm assuming that the engines in those trucks will be the 360, right?

If he means starters from comment about them burning out a Mopar Performance High-Torque Mini-Starter fits all Mopar engines, 170 thru 440, incl Hemi

The same starter is used on all V6 and V8 Magnums, and it's essentially the same part as the MP mini. So you can get them cheaply from any recycler and they typically will outlast the vehicle. The oldest one I have did duty on my Cuda when i raced it in the late 90s, then went to my tow vehicle (360 W250), now is used for my running stand. The newest one is in my W250 and it's 8 years old.

Back