Headlight trouble

I had just the same thing! turned out that both of the low beam lights were broken.....
That was really weird, but you should try it too!

But his low beams work when the high beam switch is in the on position. Its a switch or a ground somewhere.

But his low beams work when the high beam switch is in the on position. Its a switch or a ground somewhere.
There are two filaments in the low beam. The low watt filaments in both low beams may have been burnt out with the high watt filaments still working when the high beams were turned on.

On a 4 headlight setup there are 2 elements in a low beam light, just like the larger diameter headlights, thus the 3 wire connection.

This is why my money was on the headlights being bad on the low beam side in post #19.

On a 4 headlight setup there are 2 elements in a low beam light, just like the larger diameter headlights, thus the 3 wire connection.

This is why my money was on the headlights being bad on the low beam side in post #19.
I thought I said that.:tongueflap:

Just replaced the switch this weekend and still have the same problem. I will check the lights out. Probably should have done that first before I started replacing stuff.

Well, I plugged one of my spare headlights in and it worked. So it was the headlights the whole time. I can't believe I overlooked such a simple thing.:eek:ops:

You had the same problem as me! that's really weird that both of the headlights were broken, i had it too. I'm happy to hear that it turned out well.
Martyx

Thanks for everybody's hep, especially Mark. This is a great site and I'm happy that I found it. Thanks again, John

Back