Help a guy out: 66 Fury III Wagon: What's it worth?

Sneke_Eyez

Reaction score
What's it worth to you, oh Great C-Body Enthusiasts and Owners?

"Fresh From Florida" (2 years ago) 1966 Plymouth Fury III Wagon.

00M0M_2de6y3ANTyn_600x450.jpg

(Apparently a pic taken "Earlier")

Details:

Original Paint (Refrigerator White), Original Interior Color (He didn't tell me what it was, I forgot to ask.)
Original as far as he knows 1966 318 Poly that "smokes for the first few minutes it runs," "is a little tired," but "runs fine." He is willing to include a 383 or a 440 for additional $$$.
Original Tranny that has been "rebuilt recently."
Quarter Panels have "Some minor pinholes, no rust-through."
The rear floor has "One small hole, about the size of a deck of cards."
The rest of the exterior and the floors are all there, though he began a swap to the front fenders, bumpers, and grill from a 1965 Sport Fury. He has the original pieces and they are included which is good because I'd prefer them.
Interior is all there, but "Needs some work." He began a swap to buckets and a center console from the same 65 Sport Fury, but everything hasn't been welded in yet. He has all of the original seats.

I am considering going to look at it tonight, but I want to have an idea in my head of exactly what this car is worth.

I have been looking for a classic daily driver, and ideally I want a wagon or a four door. I've mainly been looking at B-Bodies, but I have always liked the 65-67 style of Fury, especially wagons.

I'm thinking that it might be a decent deal if I could get it for around $1500-2000, but I can't find any other way to put a value on it. Fury wagons are not very common for sale anywhere, nor do I follow their prices, so its tough.

He has it listed at $2500 or best offer, though, so I want to know: What do you C-Body wizards think it is worth as it sits?

Ideally, I'd like not to be too much over my head when I buy this car and do a little work to it, because there will definitely come a time when I want to sell it and focus on other projects (probably in a few years)...

Thanks FCBO!

00M0M_2de6y3ANTyn_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
$1,000.00.
If you're pleasantly surprised when you see it, $1.5k.
If it's the car you've been looking all your life for, 18 hundred.
If you have a vision for it that absolutely has to be fulfilled, two..........

You'll be upside down from the day you first wash it until the rest of your life.
Like the rest of us here.

Is Old Timer still around on MassMopar? I miss the guy. Did he finally retire and get his Superbee ( inside joke :poke: ) and his butt down here?

Last edited:
$1,000.00.
If you're pleasantly surprised when you see it, $1.5k.
If it's the car you've been looking all your life for, 18 hundred.
If you have a vision for it that absolutely has to be fulfilled, two..........

You'll be upside down from the day you first wash it until the rest of your life.
Like the rest of us here.

Is Old Timer still around on MassMopar? I miss the guy. Did he finally retire and get his Superbee ( inside joke :poke: ) and his butt down here?

Alright, so I'm not crazy, then. I like these cars a lot, but I don't see them as terribly desirable for the average. I might go look at it tonight and just flat out offer him $1k, and if he doesn't take it then I'll walk.

And unfortunately, Old Timer is no longer around on Mass Mopar, just like I haven't seen you around the new site yet! After the issues with the .com site, I helped restart the place at massmopar.net until we can get .com back, which is a long story. We'd love to have you and your C Body antics back, it'd be nice to catch up!

I should have known you'd be camped out in a place known for C-Bodies.

When the site was down for what seemed like 90% of the time, that's when I kind of drifted away. The regulars tried to keep it going but it was never the same after tadjou died. That one tore me up pretty bad. How about Tom Faust?

< Sent from my tablet >

When the site was down for what seemed like 90% of the time, that's when I kind of drifted away. The regulars tried to keep it going but it was never the same after tadjou died. That one tore me up pretty bad. How about Tom Faust?

< Sent from my tablet >

Yeah, I don't blame you.
It is now on a 99% uptime guaranteed server and it is backed up by me, so its not going anywhere.

And nope, Tom is gone too. But there is still a crew of us hanging out at the new site. We'd love to get some more of the old timers around, even if you do live in Florida now!

As a wagon lover ( I own 4 of them right now) I can tell you they are a tough sell. Everyone that sees yours tells you how cool it is and how they would love to own one. But then when you want to sell it there is nobody willing to pony up any cash. I would say $1500 tops.

Back