Help chosing new Firm Feel torsion bars.

trailering a C body.......shame on you

Had to be perfect for the wedding pictures. Besides, you can't take a month-long trip with just the car anyways. The missus doesn't like sleeping in a different bed every night or living out of a suitcase.
I've only trailered two Cs home, and then took the 65 to Ontario for the wedding. Once we start long term travelling, we want to take the vert with us, so.....

Last edited:
Passes the "Dave" test...
anim_37.gif

Thats because the car was transported and a white glove test performed. She passed

did you ever buy the firm feel kit? im looking at their front end rebuild kit . . .was wondering how it worked out,,, or if you just bought moog parts, or what.
thanks -
- saylor

Guys (and possibly gals), I am getting ready to gather up everything for a front end rebuild. I think I have all the Moog part numbers I need to do all the front end rubber, joints, tie rods, etc. Now I just need to select which torsion bars. I want the car to ride more like a modern day car. The rear will get new 7 leaf sets with a inch over stock arch (leaning that way anyways). For the front, I am trying to decide which bars to run. Thinking about going WR220/1.12 diameter bars. These are 2 levels above stock and labeled by Firm Feel as HD Street. Or should I drop down to the WR185/Police? Again, I am looking for a little more firm/modern day ride. Looking to get rid of the floating feeling. I tried searching this and didn't come up with much. Anyone running these bars?

Can a mod please change the title of this from sway bars to torsion bars? I have the whole suspension on my mind. LOL

Catfish I installed the firm feel front end recently with 1.12 T bars. Also got the sway bar but cant install it until the engine is in and it is sitting level. Had to weld in the brackets before the frame powder coat.

IMG_20131208_121304.jpg

IMG_20131208_120645.jpg

IMG_20131208_120818.jpg

IMG_20131208_121304.jpg

IMG_20131208_120645.jpg

IMG_20131208_120818.jpg

I have a front end that looks kind of like that. I rebuilt my 74 Monaco subframe by taking it for a walk thru the Firm Feel catalogue. I don't have the car on the road yet so I can't speak for the ride or handle but I used the big 1.18 bars. If you have concerns, call Dick at Firm Feel, he is very helpfull. He's not a huge C body guy but he knows his stuff.

monaco011.jpg

monaco001-1.jpg

monaco002-1.jpg

monaco003-1.jpg

monaco005-1.jpg

monaco006.jpg

monaco010.jpg

The following is a list of parts that have been used:
Stage 1 steering box from, Firm Feel Inc
1-1/4" front sway bar, Firm Feel Inc
1.18" Torsion Bars, Firm Feel Inc
Bilstien Shocks, Firm Feel Inc
HD Tie Rod Assemblys, Firm Feel Inc
Bushing Kit, Firm Feel Inc
Idler Arm and Pittman Arm, Firm Feel Inc
Moog Ball Joints, Firm Feel Inc
Custom Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Inline Tube
Rotors, Local Parts Store
Reman Calipers, Local Parts Store
Flex lines, Local Parts Store

We don't need no stinkin baggin.
Beautiful work!!
One concern: The upper control arm frame brackets... I'm not 101% comfortable.

Last edited:
Those front stubs look great! Both of guys! I haven't bought everything just yet, the dentist bills this summer racked up to the tune of 20 grand. Done with now, so I can start researching again and place some orders.

They did a article in mopar action a while back on a 76 4door sedan they used 1.12 bars 1.25 front swaybar, stock rear springs and a rear sway bar kit all from firm feel, I think their original bars were 1.02 . Then they took the car autocrossing. FWIW

I posted the article here several months back. Just need to find it with our fantabulous serach engine......

Feeling stub frame envy...I'm surprised to see tubular A arms on a C body...I didn't know that anyone made them. Nice to see some C body support in the industry.

Last edited:
I think firm feel has good respect for c bodies, that article has good info and can be I have hard copy in mag can be done in steps or just part. Catfish that new avatar makes it hard to consentrate but thanks

Stan its out there, thread is

For Sale: mopar action magazines 1990-1997

there is a link to it I searched mopar action barge massage

Last edited:
Back