Help chosing new Firm Feel torsion bars.

I was adding up a full firm feel package last night with tubulars, sway bars, leafs, steering box, t bars, etc. yikes!

How much do you really gain with tubular vs. just for weight loss. I don't care about weight.

My Polara got the firm feel upgrade when the steering box was rebuilt. Everything else was replaced with pretty much stock stuff. We'll see in a few months.

How much do you really gain with tubular vs. just for weight loss. I don't care about weight.

My Polara got the firm feel upgrade when the steering box was rebuilt. Everything else was replaced with pretty much stock stuff. We'll see in a few months.

There is some built in extra positive caster as well. How much it helps, I don't know. I figure while I am in there and the polara is ten times over budget already.......

I'm just building a cruiser. BUT, I want it to be as safe as possible. We'll see how she handles & go from there. I hear you on the budget deal...

The good thing about that article is you can do it in steps and if you get to a level you like you can stop there following thier steps you wont have a unsafe handling car

I'm going to do a steering and suspension rebuild on my Ny'er similar to what Stan did. Collecting the parts a little at a time. Trying to use Moog. The Pitman arm is a costly piece for Formal's!!!

I'm going to do a steering and suspension rebuild on my Ny'er similar to what Stan did.
In hindsight, although I don't regret not doing it, a FirmFeel box would have been frosting on the cake. If you can afford it, go for it.

Firm feel upgrade seemed like a no-brainer. Disc brake conversion also seemed like a no-brainer though...

I've got a Stage 1 unit and the 1.12" bars in my 300, money well spent, but I should have rebuilt the original swaybar bushings and thrown a rear bar on it.

Bilsteins would be a nice upgrade over the KYB's too

Back