Help identify this wire

jbooth35

Reaction score
I have a disconnected blue wire under the dash right next to the fuse box. I’m just trying to figure out where it goes. It’s only got enough slack to plug into the fuse box or something right next to it. I tried a random open connector on the fuse box a while back and it prevented the engine from turning off…. Couldn’t find it in the manual, so I’m asking here.
43061C41-49D8-48DE-B705-B720922D07A2.jpeg
I’m changing out some bulbs today and ran into it again as I was trying to see if I had a parking brake indicator light.

That should plug into the dark blue wire to bulkhead connecter.
It’s for parking brake warning lamp. Either in the gauge pod or the brake release lighted handle. Page 8-70 FSM.

That should plug into the dark blue wire to bulkhead connecter.
It’s for parking brake warning lamp. Either in the gauge pod or the brake release lighted handle. Page 8-70 FSM.
Thanks. I’m going have a closer look. I didn’t see a bulb for the parking brake and it doesn’t light up. Should there be a light above the release lighting the clear plastic handle?
image.jpg

AE368915-8AB5-4F58-8B68-4BB9B08E85C9.jpeg

correction:
That “P1” wire would be your dark blue wire. Apparently abandoned in place since your handle doesn’t have the handle light or “P1A” wire.

Last edited:
Ah ok… so this wire won’t connect to anything. It is only long enough that it could only connect to the parking brake handle if it existed. I’ve driven off several times with the parking brake engaged, so I’d love to upgrade to a lighted parking brake if possible. My parking brake isn’t all that effective currently anyhow.

Back