Help me pick a color the time has come!!

Pick a color

• EW1 white

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • FC7 purple

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • B5 blue

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Y3 cream

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • FY1 yellow

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • EL5 butterscoth

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Y4 light gold

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Q5 turquoise

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • TX black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C8 mood indigo

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

1969vert500

Reaction score
Okay guys after about 2 years of stalling while I got my A12 done it is almost time to start the resto on the 70 polara 440 rose bowl parade vert I got from Dave. I know he will chime in on this and I am wanting his input too. I had previously decided to paint the car FC7 as Dave and I both agree white sucks. The more I sat back and thought about this over the last year or so I am starting to think that ALOT of purple. I want a color that will go with the black top and black gut so I don't have to do a wholesale change on that. It's not going to be a show car just a driver. (I'm saving the full blown resto for my EV2 polara vert)

But I want to hear from all my C body brothers and see what color you guys like on a polara vert. I am really getting partial to EK2 and think that would be great on a C body but I have never seen one. So let me know what you guys think:
B5
EK2
FC7
R6
FY1
FK5
Those are the ones I like but if anyone has pics of them on polara verts post them up and let's pick a color. Thanks guys!!

1970-dodge-pc.jpg

If you're going for OE colors, your choice is limited. The car is too large for purple and it's deffinitely not a Plum Crazy type of car. If your thinking that route I'd go black. For off Mopar colors take a look at these jewels. I particularly like the green on the AMX and it will go great with a black hood. You're choice.
Mopar Photo Contest Gallery & 2015 Contest Results!

FK5 is off the table . Some of the nicest ones left ( original and restored) are FK5

FY1 They made two of. I know where one is in a wrecking yard and it was probably a sharp car when new.... Change that, it WAS a sharp car when new in that color. Fine the other one and keep it original

EK2... you'll have an EV2 car, EK2 would just be too much high impact Orange in the garage.

R6? They made 100 in R6, the most popular color for a 70 Polara convertible

B5 ? You cant go wrong with B5 but you'll need to add some white. Remember, the car originally had a white top.

FC7 was a vision I had, well , the last vision I had. 1st it was FK5, then B7, my final decision was FC7 and I thought I had the plan done real well in my head...
OR YOU could go in W1 and give her a proper restoration . thats my take, C7 or W1

Personal preference would lead me to discount all but one of those colours due to the black/black. Whether it would look good or not is subjective, but I would have to pick FY1 with that interior and top.

I'd go for the white myself...

Think about this... When is the last time you saw a white C body 'vert?

I do kinda like FY1 also but one of my son's says he hates all cars that are yellow. :rolleyes:

Dave sent me pics of that FY1 vert and I did really like the looks of that. I agree EK2 would be alot like my EV2 one. EL5 buttescotch is one I think would go well with the black

I think my gut is telling me FY1 as that is what keep eating at me when I had thought FC7 was the choice. I have a superbee project in FY1 and I sit and look at the original paint on it spots it survived and I really do like the yellow.

Does anyone think it would be too much? That pic of the one sure does not look like overkill like FC7 would.

I would normally agree but I think that is why the C bodies that have been done in FC7 have been" wrong" . Theyve had white tops and Interiors. The black is the key to a FC7 C body success

Dave do you have a fc7 pic to post? Any vert pics you have in other colors post them up and see what everyone likes. I would love black but this one as a driver just won't have the bodywork to support it as black shows EVERYTHING

Dave do you have a fc7 pic to post? Any vert pics you have in other colors post them up and see what everyone likes. I would love black but this one as a driver just won't have the bodywork to support it as black shows EVERYTHING

Not of a 70... there is the 69 Purple polara and a few Furies

There is a topic on this forum I forget the name of that has hundreds of pics of C bodies from stock to butt ugly that you could cruise through and maybe get some ideas. I looked and cant find it or remember the title though.
Anyone know?

Back