help with 68 300 center arm rest brackets

Mike Browne

Reaction score
Can someone post a picture or tell me were the center arm rest bracket welds to the drive line tunnel floor. It looks like they weld behind the too humps on the tunnel. They may go in front of the humps. I do not think they mount on top of them. I know if someone has a 300 with the seats out they know what I'm talking about. Going from bench to buckets without center console.

Maybe there's an illustration in the factory service manual. I believe that, in general, the "buddy seat" was located at about 1/2 the distance between full forward and full rearward in the seat adjustment? OR even with the rh seat, if it doesn't adjust forward and rearward.

CBODY67

The center arm rest in my 70 looks to be the same as in my 64 880. I believe they used the same center arm rest for a few years. Some pics of 64 if that helps? The front bracket you can not see but bolts to the front of the arm rest and welds to the front of the tunnel
20180113_151249.jpg

20180329_173402.jpg

The arm rest is the same as my 68. The floor and brackets are different on the 64. If someone can take a picture of a 68 with the drivers seat all the way back this would tell me how to mount it. Thanks for the help. This has been a long and costly project. I will post pictures when finished. I did the 68 black with dark grey inserts.

Back