Hemi shootout at Indy

Team photo

Well deserved. What a run

image.jpg

Sweet I want to go to the U.S. nationals just to say I have done it mainly for this race. Sometimes a couple high-level super stock cars will show up at Norwalk next week after they have done Indy. If you ever have a chance to see a couple of these cars race it will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. They are spinning these 439 cid engines to almost 10,000 making your neighbor's kids Honda seem like a lawn mower

Heads up....

Hemi Shootout at Maple Grove October 9-11, 2015.

[h=1]Hemi Challenge returns to Maple Grove[/h]The Hemi Shootout will continue to be featured as part of the Pennsylvania Dutch Classic the weekend of October 9 – 11 with final eliminations on Saturday, October 10. The Dutch Shootout will be sponsored by Penske Truck leasing.

3014MG_1006-copy2.jpg

Of interest. Former NHRA Pro Stock racer Steve Kent sold his Pro Stock Camaro to Ken Black who owns the Summint Racing cars driving by Jason Line & Greg Anderson. Anderson is using that car this year. Kent now has a Hemi AH car & qualified at 8.65 for this event

The Hemi Challenge is a seperate race just for the 68 lite weight Hemi Barracuda's & Darts. They are also entered in the regular Super Stock race held at the U.S. Nationals. Elimination for that begin tomorrow afternoon. Trey says he will keep me updated on that race too. Maybe they can double up & bring home two trophies.

Very cool, happy for them. That would be cool to see at Maple Grove, but I also want to go to the U.S.Nationals at Indy.

Yes it would be fun. They are also running Super Stock today. Trey is to keep me posted on that too

Oh well. In the regular Super Stock race today the car spun off the line & that was it. Still a very good weekend for them

Arnie "Farmer" Bestwick suiting up a few minutes ago at Great Lakes Dragway at Union Grove, Wisconsin.

11986503_1036404729733743_3693079134638770112_n.jpg

Bob, way back in the late 80's they held a Super Stock reunion race at Rockingham. Arnie was there in the Tiger. Updated, modern version of the old Tempest . I took pics. I have them somewhere. I also bought the event T shirt.

Bob, way back in the late 80's they held a Super Stock reunion race at Rockingham. Arnie was there in the Tiger. Updated, modern version of the old Tempest . I took pics. I have them somewhere. I also bought the event T shirt.

That's cool!

I can remember him racing when I was a young man.

you can try to email them and I will post them ,but the files may be too big to email. if you can get them uploaded to youtube, we can tell you how to make a link to them. el saylor @ el saylor.com with no spaces will get them over to me.

- saylor

Ok I will try when I get home. A friend did post the finals on YouTube. But I wanted these others too. I'm a gear head. Not too tech savvy. Sorry

Back