Hemi shootout at Indy

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Trey Wofford son of Llyod Wofford has agreed to keep me updated on his dad's progress at the Hemi Challenge Shootout at Indy. He has a 68 SS/AH Hemi Barracuda. He told me his dad was testing in St Louis last week to get ready for this big race. He is qualified #4 currently at 8.60
As he sends me info I will post it here along with any pics. This should be fun

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ok current top 4 qualifiers
Wolkwitz #1 @ 8.55
Hess #2 @ 8.57
Heber #3 @ 8.58
Wofford #4 @ 8.60

The field is set. They qualified #4. The Hemi parade is tomorrow at 9am with elimations to follow

1st round

They have Fred Henson 1st round who qualified at 8.77. I'll post pics here soon I hope. Covered up at the moment

Well they won. However he gave me a different name of who they beat. Not Henson so I'm confused. He sent pics & Hensons car is in the pics. Waiting on claifacation before I post pics

Hensons Hemi Dart

Ok got it confirmed. They beat Hensons Dart in the first round. Round 2 they are paired against Jim Pancake. He sent me video too. Also a lot of good info on some of the other cars. I will post all of this when I can. They ran an 8.59 which is a hundredth quicker than they qualified. Didn't get Fred Hensons time

image.jpg

By the way folks just so you know. These are all Hemi Super Stock cars. Autos & 4 speeds run in the same class. This is old school heads up first one to the finish line racing. No dial in's, no break outs. Just don't red light.

Just confirmed. They beat Jim Pancake. And that's impressive. Pancake has been doing this a while & has a very good car. On to round 3

They just took out Howes!!!! They are in the finals against Mantus who earned a bye into the finals !!!

Sweet I want to go to the U.S. nationals just to say I have done it mainly for this race. Sometimes a couple high-level super stock cars will show up at Norwalk next week after they have done Indy. If you ever have a chance to see a couple of these cars race it will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. They are spinning these 439 cid engines to almost 10,000 making your neighbor's kids Honda seem like a lawn mower

Just heard from Trey. The finals aren't untill 8 pm central time. So it may be well after 9 before we know. We're pulling for them right ? And Trey I know you are following this thread so I want to thank you for sending all those pics, videos & updates.

Back