Hey. Who is this bum?

No kids Stan, I never had that desire and hers are grown, thankfully. I'd prefer a flat roofed mid century modern elongated cube with floor to ceiling glass but inevitably there will be some gables...
Dogs, yes!
Most importantly I need somewhere between 2 & 3,000 sq. ft. Of shop space.

Grass yard...

image.jpg

Does that come in a 40 yd???

Now I know why you are down sizing the fleet. Good luck hope you find the perfect place and dog.

The hippy in me wants to live in this house.

image.jpg

I'm in my second year of searching for a place where everything is under one roof; I'm a bit tired. Should move to a bigger country.

Me too. I'm a huge Wright fan. We went there a few years ago & it is awesome beyond description.

I have been to the falling water and a few other of his homes, including his own home in Oak Park outside of Chicago. A big fan too. Ross you need to check out the Westcott house in Springfield, if you haven't already http://www.westcotthouse.org/. It would be the perfect drive in one of your c-bodies.

I have been to the falling water and a few other of his homes, including his own home in Oak Park outside of Chicago. A big fan too. Ross you need to check out the Westcott house in Springfield, if you haven't already http://www.westcotthouse.org/. It would be the perfect drive in one of your c-bodies.
I just told my wife & we'll try to get that in the schedule this summer. I'll meet you there...

I just told my wife & we'll try to get that in the schedule this summer. I'll meet you there...

Sounds good to me, my wife will go again. 2 big c-bodies parked outside, sounds like a photo shot to me.

I live near these two and I love them!
i would love to see Falling Waters though.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I also loved this one the moment I saw it in north by northwest but alas it's not real

North-by-Northwest-Hitchcock-movie-Vandamm-house-3.jpg

Modernist-Vandamm-House-in-North-by-Northwest-Movie.jpg

Hitchcock had them make a matt back drop that looked like one FLW would have designed (allegedly MGM didn't want to pay his fee) and they could build on top of Mt Rushmore so it was always going to be a fake backdrop

North-by-Northwest-Hitchcock-movie-Vandamm-house-7.jpg

I also loved this one the moment I saw it in north by northwest but alas it's not real

North-by-Northwest-Hitchcock-movie-Vandamm-house-3.jpg

Modernist-Vandamm-House-in-North-by-Northwest-Movie.jpg

Hitchcock had them make a matt back drop that looked like one FLW would have designed (allegedly MGM didn't want to pay his fee) and they could build on top of Mt Rushmore so it was always going to be a fake backdrop

North-by-Northwest-Hitchcock-movie-Vandamm-house-7.jpg

Too funny wanted it to be real, I remember doing an old school search at the library (before Google) to find this house, so I could visit it on a trip to Mt Rushmore. It took me forever to find because I started looking in the Frank Lloyd Wright books. Then I was able to find a Hitchcock movie book and my bubble was burst.

Back