Hi from Northern Illinois

AMC PackRat

Reaction score
I did two long intros yesterday and lost both of them. :sad1: Not gonna do that today - been on Moparts for a few years, joined FABO a couple months ago and FBBO last month. I guess I'm working my way through the Mopar alphabet now. :grin:

:sSig_welcometoourcl I too am on Moparts , I guess it has been about 13 years now under the same handle. This board is better.....

Here's a couple pics of my "big" car - not exactly a C body but folks seem to like it when I'm out cruising in it. :happy7: 73 Ambassador with 69 front end parts. I buy and sell classic car parts to pay the bills and work on my cars. Next project might be a 72 Scamp I'm looking at. I have about 50 rechromed C body bumpers from about 65-74 if there's any interest here. Some are driver quality but a lot of them are pretty nice. Prices are fair but not give away - I have quite a bit of money tied up in them. I do a lot of car shows/swap meets in Northern Illinois, Southern Wisconsin, and Eastern Iowa so may run into some of you guys some day - been doing the Chicagoland Mopar Connection shows for quite a few years now. :icon_thumright:

000_5581.jpg

000_5579.jpg

Welcome to the site.

hey, you need to funnel all the info you get on car shows to me.... I have yet to find a good place that lists all the Illinois ones unless it just focuses on Chicago. Wisconsin is a heck of a lot different, and that is where I lived until I moved down here to the Quincy area. In Wisconsin, you can find 3-4 shows every weekend...

Last year I printed out the list of shows that is on the LaSalle County Cruisers site but I haven't been there yet this year. It was 5 pages long - all Illinois shows, cruise-ins, and swapmeets - a lot I'd never even heard of before. I know an AMC guy in Quincy. I bought a couple of AMC 360s from him a couple years ago - one of the shortblocks is going in my Donohue Javelin this spring. Real nice guy - has a nice Rebel Machine and an AMX. The Chicagoland Mopar Connection has shows in Naperville, Belvedere, and Dubuque (Iowa) every year - I go to all three. Good shows but they're probably all about 300 miles from you.

shows

Well, everyonce in a while we will be going north. Dixon is where we exchange my oldest daughter with my ex. Figured on maybe doing some shows farther north at exchange days and make the trips dual purpose. :D Last year, I couldn't seem to find shows to save my life. Not wanting that this year...

Back