Hibernation and packrat disease

polarus

Reaction score
It's that time of year again getting too cold to work in my unheated garage. I haven't posted any photo's of my progress because I haven't made any. I spent most of my time and money on my house. I did purchase some more N.O.S. parts, some I don't really need like extra trim and some switches (packrats disease.) Does this happen to you? I'm hoping to save up some money over the winter and have the STUB frame powder coated in the spring, it'll be nice to start putting the car back together. winter 001.jpgwinter 003.jpgwinter 002.jpg

winter 001.jpg

winter 003.jpg

winter 002.jpg

I'm trying to get rid of some packrat stuff sending it all for scrap I think, nothing mopar just some gm junk I'm never going to use and whats left of a old frieghtliner daycab.

I know what you mean, it's been getting all the way down in the 60's first thing in the morning here. I've actually had to put a long sleeve shirt on. The afternoon highs are a "chilly" 85. :poke:

:snow_plow_oz:
I know what you mean, it's been getting all the way down in the 60's first thing in the morning here. I've actually had to put a long sleeve shirt on. The afternoon highs are a "chilly" 85. :poke:

I'd to have to at least sandblast and paint the firewall before I tucked it away.
I'll treat the rust, hope to have the STUB frame back on in the spring so I can have the body repaired, drivers floor is buckled from previous accident.

Northwestern MA. and right now it's a great day mid 60's and the Red Sox are movin on! I just had the wood pellets delivered. Last nite I tried to paint some interior parts and it got too cold, had strip and repaint them in the basement.

I have the pack rat disease bad. I have a garage, 14x16 shed, and a small attic above the garage full of "might need them some day" parts. I do love it when something does go wrong, and I can just go into my parts stash and get things back up and going again. It's those rare times that make me not want to get rid of any of my extra/spare stuff.

Northwestern MA. and right now it's a great day mid 60's and the Red Sox are movin on! I just had the wood pellets delivered. Last nite I tried to paint some interior parts and it got too cold, had strip and repaint them in the basement.

Been about 10*C here...low 50's...for about a week or more now. I willbe out in this weather for the next month or more trying to get my crewcab 4wd conversion done. Going to have to bundle up!!

TOO SOON!! This is a great time of year around here if you have a running/driving car, but when you're in the middle of a resto. it SUCKS.

Last edited:
When I sold my A12 car, the deal included all the spares I had for the car. Some of the stuff I had laying around was really nice and some stuff really needed to get tossed too. I was so glad to see some clean shelves in my cellar and garage though.... Then I bought the 300.... and all the spares that he had.....

Back