Hood release

tbm3fan

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I moved my Polara back into the driveway today after doing transmission work on the Le Sabre and went to open the hood as I always disconnect the battery. The inside remote hood release failed to operate even though it worked 5 hours earlier. Now how do I get it to open? That egg crate grille doesn't make anything easy.

I moved my Polara back into the driveway today after doing transmission work on the Le Sabre and went to open the hood as I always disconnect the battery. The inside remote hood release failed to operate even though it worked 5 hours earlier. Now how do I get it to open? That egg crate grille doesn't make anything easy.
Try the Fonzie method while someone else pulls and holds the cable. That's worked for me in the past.

I've used a metal handle with a bend on the end from a jack and opened the bonnet/hood from underneath, hook the cable and pull.

I've used a metal handle with a bend on the end from a jack and opened the bonnet/hood from underneath, hook the cable and pull.
Well this car has a large water shield cover under the front which keeps you from getting in below.

I figured my son will have to hold the release in the car while I find something long enough and thin enough to fit through the grille and reach inside. Had a long screw driver and it fell short by a couple of inches.

Back