Hot Rod Magazine 318 build

Sounds like you should go take some of JJ da Boss's money then :thumbsup:
That poor cuda is looooonnnnggggg gone Lol!!!! Shivered apart due to Maryland rust. I’d never be dumb enough to say it would beat everything on wheels that would be a lie, but I’ll tell you what it beat most anything we came across and that came at a heavy price. It was barely street able got about 6mpg on a 14 gallon tank and was very hard to live with. I drove it every day thru the 80’s until it fell apart. It was love/hate fun while it lasted. Back then you had to cut up cars to fix other cars but it needed a whole new body so it’s gone.

That’s why I’m loving the stock 318 in my red 69 convertible. After all the crazy street racers I’ve owned this thing is a revelation. No drama, no fuss it, doesn’t have the glamour of a big block c body but that’s missing the point. Nowadays nobody but us cares about what motor it has anyways so pretty much no style points are deducted on the street. It’s quick enough to deal with modern traffic and it’s super easy to live with day to day. When it’s ready for it I’ll rebuild the 318 stock except for the Holley 600. That little motor’s earned its rebuild 318 or no.

Back