how rare is a 65 Monaco 426 4-speed???

My guess is that he found out that as per the data plate, it is a 383 car and now has no interest in it. I know just speculation but if it was something more special I would think he would be thrilled to share his find. Just my 2 cents.

I don't know, I offered to buy if he lost interest. (IF the car was correct)
Going to look at a "supposed" street wedge B body-4spd next Saturday, if that works out no money for this Monaco
He has a 400 stroker motor for sale on FBBO posted yesterday, maybe to pay for this car. :yes_no:

don't know, I hope he makes the decision that's right for him.

Jim

PS John are you ready to let go of yours yet?:poke::laughing4::laughing4:

bought 66 Dodge Polara 500 convert 4 speed from orig owner in Corydon, Ind. Had 383 4 bbl SINGLE exhaust. Let it get crushed! ARG! Seen 66 Polara 500 4 speed and 66 Polara 500 convert, but not convert 4 speed.
That console lid on that 65 Monaco looks unique. wider spaces between ribs. Unusual! Should also have full length console extension.
Be nice to get clear pics

bought 66 Dodge Polara 500 convert 4 speed from orig owner in Corydon, Ind. Had 383 4 bbl SINGLE exhaust. Let it get crushed! ARG! Seen 66 Polara 500 4 speed and 66 Polara 500 convert, but not convert 4 speed.
That console lid on that 65 Monaco looks unique. wider spaces between ribs. Unusual! Should also have full length console extension.
Be nice to get clear pics

Message sent with a "notify me when viewed request"... let's see what happens.
:happy1:

Hey guys- sorry for the delay but been super busy with other Mopars. Went out of State for a Belvedere & consuming all of my time- new project, working on other Mopar projects for guys, 3 kids, work, etc.

Haven't been over to get the Monaco yet. Should be going soon though- as time is running short for decent weather in WI.

I'm not going to "flip" the Monaco, I don't need money, I don't like smart asses either. I DO like to share good times with cool Mopar guys that appreciate cool cars. :3gears:
$_57 (2).jpg121.jpg

$_57 (2).jpg

121.jpg

:sSig_thanks: Now go get that Monaco, a 4 speed is cool enough. Not being a rare original just gives the green light to put what you want in it.

One I could not save

Hi guy's about 16 years ago I picked up Hemmimgs Motor news and there was a 1965 Monaco with a 426 and 4 speed listed . I called the guy and asked him some questions . He was the original owner and it was all in one piece , I wired him the money by western union , all this was before ebay and paypal . We went upnorth and picked the car up , at that time I was looking for 426 and 4 speed . The car was in real bad shape due to the years of being used on the road during snow time with the salt being put down , from the doors back it had holes in doors , floors and had no trunk floor with the frame rails eaten almost thru . It was to far gone to do much with , so it was parted out . The seats both back and front were in good shape the full lenght console with factory tac looked new , it had electric windows also . A friend of mine ended up with the interior as well as the 4 speed , petals and all the stuff from the bellhousing back . All of it went into a 1965 Newport convert .The 8 3/4 rear had a posi unit with 3:55 gears and it went into a 1933 plymouth rod . I kept and still have the 426w block that came with it . On the id pad it is stamped with HP 426 .. When we took the motor apart , the guy had filled the engine up with motor oil , but we still had to drive the pistons out with block of wood and a hammer . I was sorry that this one could not have been saved but was to far gone .. I have oftened wondered how rare it was ...

Back