How rare is this? 67 Fury 383 4 speed loaded

YY1

Reaction score
Hi- it's that guy from the B body side again...

I found an interesting C body in a salvage yard today.

67 Fury sportsroof

H code 383-4, 4 speed, a/c, power windows, power seats, tilt/telescope wheel, and cruise control.

Dark blue with blue int.

Looked fairly unmolested except for a repaint.

I also didn't see the word "sport" anywhere, but not all emblems were present.

it actually looked like it could be saved, although a LOT of work would be required. Engine was missing, but trans and shifter were still there. Interior fabric was trashed, and chrome pitted, but all there.

I didn't actually notice the steering wheel, as I was in shock at all the other options, but the owner's son said it was tilt/tele.

I'd be willing to wager there weren't too many 4 speed cars with the rest of those options.

I was wondering if anyone here has a similar one, or knows of one, or long shot- has production numbers.

These guys are pretty cool. If they have a title, they'll sell the whole car.
I don't know if they have one for this one, though.

I sure don't need another project, but I do like the slab Fury and all those options kind of make me salivate.

That's not a bad idea.

Then I could at least say I owned it.

Now you are talking.......... perhaps you may find you like it enough to restore it. Save it man, save it

My uncle (by marriage) had a 67/68 blue sportsroof fury. I remember really liking that car. I also remember thinking it was cool that the wheels were body color. Must have been 1975-ish when I was about 7. Then my mom bought a 67 Newport 4D (in classic Chrysler yellow with black int) to replace her 59 pontiac. Those were the first two Mopars I was exposed to.

Are you at liberty to share some photo's or still contemplating purchase and keeping it a secret?

I didn't get any.

But I think I'll call tomorrow and see if they have a title and a price.

I've been wanting a four speed car, and for some reason it just didn't click today to ask about a price.

I am not into slabside C-Bodys that deep but you could get an AC with a 4-speed up to the 383 HP engine on B-bodys. Only from 440&up you could not get AC with a 4-speed

My '68 4spd RR post coupe was originally a/c car.

I had a 70 RR with 4 speed and air and my brother had a 69 4 speed with air. Both were Texas cars

I didn't get any.

But I think I'll call tomorrow and see if they have a title and a price.

I've been wanting a four speed car, and for some reason it just didn't click today to ask about a price.

IF you take a pass on the car, please, please, PM me.
Seriously.
And I don't give a frying duck about a title down here. I know how to get around it and without using an out of state titling service.

OR
So do the right thing, save it, buy it and sell it
That's not a bad idea.
Then I could at least say I owned it.
Yes you can....

Last edited:
Only from 440&up you could not get AC with a 4-speed

That must be what I had seen somewhere..... Seems like high RPM shifting would be hard on A/C belts.

I know how to get around it and without using an out of state titling service.

They don't even issue titles to cars older the 73 here in Bama.

They don't even issue titles to cars older the 73 here in Bama.
I see that Broadway Title moved from 'bama to Maine. Interesting.
They must really be lax up there.

Also, that car would have the Dana 53 rear, right?

Last edited:
Back