How to identify road wheels

The W21 wheels had silver painted non-chrome "faces" and only came in silver/light argent. These were the standard wheels on the 1970 Sport Fury GT on which the chrome version was optional. If your dad's S/23 had color matched wheels either the dealer painted them or your dad had them painted somewhere. It is possible, but very unlikely, that they were special ordered to be painted body color IMHO based on my 25+ years with C Body cars, during which I have never heard of nor have I seen in person or in photos body colored W21 wheels.

Here's some pictures. I tried to clean up the inside if in of the rims, but didn't find any numbers, but I had a toothbrush sized wire brush only.

IMG_20180514_112233.jpg

IMG_20180514_112245.jpg

IMG_20180514_112243.jpg

IMG_20180514_112259.jpg

Forgot to bring a tape measure again, but had this socket and extension, which measures 4" in length.

IMG_20180514_112341.jpg

Not entirely accurate angle in the picture, but it sure looks like a 5 on 4.5" pattern.

Sure look like mopar wheels, even the visible retainer under that cap that's gone awandering.

They look like the chrome version of the wheels with the late, short dome style centers.

Are these of any interest to anyone here? They need to be cleaned up a bit, but the faces seem good, and they have the trim rings and caps, missing the domes. I can get them and pass them on to whomever wants, needs or has to have them. I can get better pictures too. I saw them and thought of FCBO members right away. I can start a for sale thread if needed.

Stiff wire brush on angle grinders should clean up the back side of those nicely.
I was at the vehicle in the woods. I'll grab than from the landowner and clean them up and post them for sale. What would be a fair/acceptable price for these in this condition? I have no idea of the value. I don't even care about making money, just like to see them go to use vs waste.

The price varies but I've seen them in similar condition at swap meets for as little as $25/per without rings & centres. If you clean them up and paint them I'd say at least double that. My .02.

The price varies but I've seen them in similar condition at swap meets for as little as $25/per without rings & centres. If you clean them up and paint them I'd say at least double that. My .02.
I'll grab them the next time I'm out there, then help them find a new home.

So, I'm not going to do anything with these rims,I might give them a bath, but that's about it. The wheel faces look to be in good condition without any major blemishes, they are the painted center, chrome outer where the slots are. The trim rings, they have little dings on two or three of them, believe it's three. They need to be eaned up as mentioned earlier. I was thinking of bringing them with me to the show on Friday, but if anyone here wants them, I'll give the member dibs. I'll go post a thread in the for sale section. I'm just passing them on to the next guy.

Back