HP Manifold advise

66/440

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience putting HP manifolds on a formal?
I have a set of original HP manifolds but I am not sure the drivers side is going to fit. I know that there is a specific manifold for drivers side C bodies but dont know if this applies to Formals. I see that TTI makes the head pipes and I may just have to modify something to make it work.But if someone has already done this I would appreciate your input.

Here's the engine I put in my '76.
Do yours look like this one?

76chryslernybysparaliki_2.jpg

No my manifolds do not sweep up as much at the front.
Yes they do not sweep as much, but those manifolds do flow better than the old log ones. Look at the tread about manifolds tested on a dyno. Seems like a lot of work for 2 hp.

Yes they do not sweep as much, but those manifolds do flow better than the old log ones. Look at the tread about manifolds tested on a dyno. Seems like a lot of work for 2 hp.
Thanks. I under stand what you are saying, and I did read the thread you recomended.
However, I have the HP manifolds already and the main concern I have is the head pipe connection on the drivers side. I know that TTI makes various head pipes based on the casting number and was wondering if anyone had been through the fitment process and could save me some headache but no worries. My engine will be a little higher on compression and I will have a larger diameter dual exhaust system so I like the idea of the manifolds cost and low maintenance vs the cost of headers. I will open up the manifolds some before I have them coated so the dyno numbers will be somewhat different.

I originally had problems with clearance to my 66 Fury Sport with the 440 and hp manifolds. I had to replace my brake booster to have the clearance I needed, but that is a 66 slab side, yours may have better clearance
Cheers
Ken

I have a 68 Fury with the 383 HP w/HP manifolds, its a factory set up. It doesn't have power brakes or cruise control but looks like there should be room. Hope this helps.

Not to change the subject, but I see a cold air intake duct in the above pic.

Was this standard in the formal era? Does it route to the 'void' between the fender and the radiator core support? pics?
Yes it is factory and attaches to the core support. I guess it takes advantage of the high pressure created in front of the core support at speed. I plan to use this setup on both sides of the core support ducting to a dual snorkel air cleaner.

Not to change the subject, but I see a cold air intake duct in the above pic.

Was this standard in the formal era? Does it route to the 'void' between the fender and the radiator core support? pics?
I will take some photos and post them.

Back