Hubcap ID please

clhyer

Reaction score
Good evening folks. A new member here, although I have been a part of FABO for many years. What I have tonight is a set of Plymouth caps that are in really nice shape, the belong to a friend and we wonder what they were originally for. Best I can determine from looking at ebay might be '66-'67 C body. There are two numbers on them: 2660991 & 552006
They are very heavy!
C

PS - also a value range, my friend does not need/want them.

IMG_1519.JPG
IMG_1520.JPG

Cruise the brochures for 66 and 68 also. I think those were the 15" covers installed on disc brake cars.
Those look in great shape. Can't help you on value.

I stand corrected. Those are apparently 14" covers. A quick search shows a set of 4 with an ask price of $300.00. Reduced from $750.00.

Thanks rapidtrans, next time I see my buddy I will find out if they are 14" or 15",
they are in very good shape.
C

Further search through sales brochures online, it appears those wheel covers are the Deluxe 14" covers. They were std. on VIP models, optional on other models for 66 & 67.

Those are really nice. Are they all in the same condition? Any blemishes or dings?

Thanks rapidtrans. I intend to get confirmation from him that they are in fact 14".
detmatt, they are in pretty good shape overall. Not flawless, but very good driver quality. Would you be interested, or know someone who might be? I can certainly get up some additional pics of each cap separately.
C

Info above is all correct, and they are 14" only. Those caps are not very common, but don't have a lot of demand, either. You gotta find the right guy and figure the price from how much budget you think he has. And based on the pic of the backside, they require the optional deep-dish wheels of 66-67 to fit (sorry I cannot explain more detail of that wheel's pedigree).
upload_2016-10-15_0-45-4.png

To my knowledge, the only identical wheelcovers available in more than one size were those used on 65-66 Barracudas and Valiant Signets, in either 13" or 14". All I've ever seen are the 13", though.

upload_2016-10-15_0-43-44.png

That's the problem right there, 14" tires are on the endangered list.

They won't fit your std Valiant 14" wheel but should fit V8 C bodies. The std VIP wheel tire is the same as my Monaco. 14" wheel/tires are fine for me. I figure i might put 2,000 miles a year on the car.

Info above is all correct, and they are 14" only. Those caps are not very common, but don't have a lot of demand, either. You gotta find the right guy and figure the price from how much budget you think he has. And based on the pic of the backside, they require the optional deep-dish wheels of 66-67 to fit (sorry I cannot explain more detail of that wheel's pedigree).
View attachment 97117

To my knowledge, the only identical wheelcovers available in more than one size were those used on 65-66 Barracudas and Valiant Signets, in either 13" or 14". All I've ever seen are the 13", though.

View attachment 97116

FYI these 70's wire wheels were made in 14 and 15 inch sizes...
s-l225.jpg

Back