Hugh's 64 300K

Build Sheet for my 300K

TrackSheet1.jpgTrackSheet2.jpg
Beautiful K for sure. Guys on the Chrysler 300 Club, Inc listserve seem to know the history on this car going way back to when a Jim Patnode owned it in the 80s. One guy claims it is not an original ram car, but the single four barrel. Is this your understanding? I bring it up now in case you can still deal with the seller if he suggested otherwise and the statement on the listserve is correct (I have no knowledge personally). Does the body code plate or build sheet tell which it came with originally, if that is available? Or is there an original window sticker?

Anybody want to help me decode this? Some question, apparently, about if the car was born with Rams... Thanks in advance. Expect the car in IN tomorrow-

TrackSheet1.jpg

TrackSheet2.jpg

I just forwarded your build sheet to an expert on 300K's in NJ. He said he can decode it.

Last edited:
I gave it a shot but my book must not be very accurate. I think the 500 in the lower left is supposed to be the engine code but I show that as a 383 2bbl for the '63 model year. The '64 engine codes start at 502 and go up. What's a kilo differential?

Just got this back:

Hi Stan,Word in the 300 Club is that this is NOT an original ram car. The rams were added in California when the K was restored in the late 1980s/1990s. That having been said, the car presents well in the photos despite at least a few pieces not being factory correct. The color is exquisite IMHO.

David M.

'64 300k

Just got this back:

[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

By "a few pieces", does this directly refer to the Ram set-up? Was this info gleaned from the build sheet directly? I would love to know what exactly the build sheet specifies about what this car came with.

By the way, the car arrived this morning, and it is lovely. The condition is remarkable. Now, just need to melt the snow (in progress) and wash the salt off of the roads (rain next week) in order to drive to the License Bureau for the final extraction of cash. Well, by final I mean...

Thanks for the information.

I believe I've seen this 300K locally at a weekly cruise known as Early Rodder's ( http://jalopnik.com/232005/early-rodders-saturday-morning-meet ). The previous owner has also showed up in an absolutely stunning '65 Buick Riviera GS and an equally stunning '62 or '63 Chrysler Dual Ghia L6.4. He's showed in a couple other cars but I can't remember what they were. If this is the K I've seen, it is very nicely done and presents well. I'm just not a huge fan of the '64 body style.

My understanding from the Chrysler 300 Club is that the changeover to the ram engine was done by Jim Patnode, and virtually everything was done to factory specifications with original parts. So regardless of the origin of engine, as Stan said, just enjoy it like it is and so what about the past engine. It was done right - that is what matters, and I also understand Jim is an excellent at working on these cars. It looks outstanding, for sure.

It apparently is as perfect as if it had come from the factory that way. I see absolutely nothing that keeps me from loving this car more now than when I chased it. The car still blows me away.

Posted via Topify on Android

Back