Hum...check this out

Another point in my favor in why I say stock car racing is boolchit.

Thanks. Now, what's a P7?
I'm with you Stan, To me Nascar went into the garbage can as soon as they stopped requiring the use of a production body. Some of the best cars all around were made so they could compete in the sport, least of all the Hemi.

Another nail in the coffin of the ole American way!This is a prime example of what America has become. A fake front for the general public that can't see past the end of there own nose! :bs_flag:

This is the whole problem they stagnated themselves in the late nineties into early 2000s. Now they are just racing 50 year old engines with exotic tweaks to them that make them further from stock, then they took the bodies away, generic with stickers. Everybody makes a V8 that is not 50 years old, and let them run anything they want fuel injection, traction control, antilock brakes it will only improve the future of production car componets. Hell let them drive themselves, oh wait that is Nascars formula develop celebrities and make drama. Nevermind, I lost my train of thought and thought it was auto racing instead of a spin off of "Keeping up with the Kardashans".

I'm reminded of when Autoweek magazine was covering the big Baja race and they discovered that the Toyota factory support vehicle was a Ford Bronco with Toyota sheet metal hung on it.

Really though... NASCAR race cars have really just been sheet metal and engine only to tie it to the brand since the sixties. Back then, most of the chassis and suspension was Ford based with the sheet metal just welded to it.

I'm reminded of when Autoweek magazine was covering the big Baja race and they discovered that the Toyota factory support vehicle was a Ford Bronco with Toyota sheet metal hung on it.

Really though... NASCAR race cars have really just been sheet metal and engine only to tie it to the brand since the sixties. Back then, most of the chassis and suspension was Ford based with the sheet metal just welded to it.
Chrysler cars were bodies in white until 1974.

This is the whole problem they stagnated themselves in the late nineties into early 2000s. Now they are just racing 50 year old engines with exotic tweaks to them that make them further from stock, then they took the bodies away, generic with stickers. Everybody makes a V8 that is not 50 years old, and let them run anything they want fuel injection, traction control, antilock brakes it will only improve the future of production car componets. Hell let them drive themselves, oh wait that is Nascars formula develop celebrities and make drama. Nevermind, I lost my train of thought and thought it was auto racing instead of a spin off of "Keeping up with the Kardashans".
I'm with you on that one, a production body, (in white of course), and a production V8 engine, must run the factory emission system for that year, must run factory available transmissions and rear axle gear ratios. Body must pass template inspection.

I would love to see them go back to production bodies, but that ends up adding time and expense than just starting from scratch, and I have no problem with them building using a suspension that fits their needs only, watch a dirt late model race or a dirt sprint car race, excessive stagger/rearends that move under the car all to make them fast on dirt. Even in the 1990s the cars still had to pass a template test. They definitely need to update the engines and fuel delivery systems. Go watch a show like Street Outlaws or check out the top classes at Hot Rods drag week these guys have way more tech and engineering in those cars, (mostly the turbo cars) than a nationwide touring series, NASCAR, at the highest level has WTF. Keep going the way you are headed Nascar and you will have no audience in another decade. Except for a bunch of middle aged housewives fantasizing about the next Jimmy Johnson.

I'd like to see production bodies, engines & trans that are in today's cars. There is a lot of late model stuff in drag racing & it's fast & reliable. A Hellcat Challenger just ran deep into the 8's this weekend at Gainsville in STOCK ELIMINATOR !!!! I know it's not stock, but it's also a LONG way from fully modified. This is the kind of stuff the big boys should be racing today.

I'd like to see production bodies, engines & trans that are in today's cars. There is a lot of late model stuff in drag racing & it's fast & reliable. A Hellcat Challenger just ran deep into the 8's this weekend at Gainsville in STOCK ELIMINATOR !!!! I know it's not stock, but it's also a LONG way from fully modified. This is the kind of stuff the big boys should be racing today.

at least you could argue that that one is a Dodge, that one a Ford and that one way in the back is Chevy

That's what I'm talking about, Dodge has the Challenger, Ford has the Mustang, Chevy has the Camaro. All production cars. This would make the factories get in gear, just think about the cars that would come out of Detroit in three years if they had to sell them to the public to make them legal for racing.

Body must pass template inspection.
They wouldn't need a template if they ran production bodies. That crap started when they went to the cookie cutter bodies and they cheated like hell. That's what separated the manufacturers. What they lacked in aero dynamics they made up for it with raw horsepower. I gave up on nascar long ago and its a shame.

It's just surprising that nobody has resurrected a business plan based on the the old big three stock car formula. Hell throw in Nissan and Toyota into the mix if you want to. I for one would be watching a true stock based competition. As mentioned above the current show is just the Young and the Restless on wheels. :drama:

It's just surprising that nobody has resurrected a business plan based on the the old big three stock car formula. Hell throw in Nissan and Toyota into the mix if you want to. I for one would be watching a true stock based competition. As mentioned above the current show is just the Young and the Restless on wheels. :drama:
That's a damn good idea Fred!!! Might get me to watch them and thier lefties!!

Last edited:

Contential Tire Series. Stock cars, all makes. 4 cyl. vs V6 vs V8 factories ard involved. Driver rivalrities. Kinda slow though

I should have said Turbo 4 cyl cars. They are slow on the long straights, but Quick through the curves. The muscle cars are just the opposite. It's an entry level series with a lot of inexperienced drivers & they can have some spectacular crashes

SCCA has tried this over and over dating back to Trans Am series that is well known. I'm surprised nobody can get a following of V6 awd luxo liners 300, CTS, and MKS they all have 300 horsepower direct inject V6 available with awd now there is a stock class.

Back