Hum...check this out

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
This is the engine in Brad Keselowski's #22 Discount Tire FORD...Look close Dodge fans. When Penske switch from Dodge to Ford I was regularly checking to see if they where going to put their Dodge engines up for sale. Ray Everham did. Heard Penske had 80 R5P7-8 engines. I never saw any come up for sale to the general public. Now I see why. Those Penske Fords run better than the Roush Fords.

OK, I'm a total moron on this stuff. What am I looking at?

Look at the front of the cylinder head. It is stamped Dodge in the correct font that Dodge used on their heads. Now look at the valve cover. That's a Dodge P7 valve cover that has a Ford logo on it

Has Dodge heads on the Ford motor. Maybe a complete Dodge engine with Ford valve covers.

Ok, so they are just disguising the dodge engine with Ford decals.

Thanks. Now, what's a P7?

P7 is the lineage of Dodge small block racing/Performance heads over the years. T/A, W2, W5, all fit production blocks P6, P7, P8 fits R5 race blocks. P9 head is a radical canted valve drag race head for the R5 block

You'd think that they'd at least take a die grinder to the Dodge logo.
:lol:

The guy I got the pic from is friends with Doug Yates of Roush-Yates engines. He says this was just a show/display car. Never raced with the Dodge engine

image.jpg
Here is an Ernie Elliot (Bills brother) R5-P7 engine. What's neat about these is that they are cheap to buy used considering they are only 358 cubic inches. Have 800 horse power. 600 pounds of torque & can spin to 8 grand. Parts to freshen or rebuild are super expensive though. They will bolt up to a smallblock 727 with a crank to flywheel adapter. When Everham closed up his shop he had about 20 on Craigslist from $5K-$15K depending on use & condition of it.

Back