HURST rear Shocks.

Ok ,,thanks for that. I understand now bluefury. Next question is what does Commando want me to do with a short length of 2 by 4 and jam it where exactly? :wideyed:
:stop:He meant skip the air shocks... don't hurt yourself.:D

I've studied the stance of literally every Formal I've seen and my opinion is they had a bit more rake, stockwise, than the previous two generations. I agree with that 1 over makes the Fuselages more attractive but I wouldn't recommend it on Formals.
When ordering my leaf springs for my 76 NYB, after a lot of thought, I went with HD (one extra leaf) and stock height.
To me it look perfect and appropriate to the Formal design.

And with the luggage and cooler in the trunk?
I don't forsee loading my trunk with cinder blocks in my future so the extra leaf has done an excellent job when loading up the trunk with the usual gear.
Towing a Winny? Yah, I can see the 1 over.

fair enough..... couple of kids in the back, and some luggage or one trip to the Sams club and I need the height

193510 2015 trunk full.jpg

I've studied the stance of literally every Formal I've seen and my opinion is they had a bit more rake, stockwise, than the previous two generations. I agree with that 1 over makes the Fuselages more attractive but I wouldn't recommend it on Formals.
When ordering my leaf springs for my 76 NYB, after a lot of thought, I went with HD (one extra leaf) and stock height.
To me it look perfect and appropriate to the Formal design.

We are still waiting for the story, specifics and pictures of your Blk/Sil NYB we see on every message you post.

I don't like air shocks due to my own personal experience. I pulled a small travel trailer with my '85 Fifth Avenue. To keep the rear up with the trailer on I used air shocks. After the second failure I had them replaced with heavy duty shocks.

There are plenty of vehicles that have crossed these pages that are of less interest. Every car has a story. So unless there is something to be ashamed of, I would like to see it as its own blog.

I've seen the car... I believe there is some modesty at play... nicely tempered with his OCD that every detail be to his liking. Viv was not looking at my NYB the same after seeing Stan's...

Stans NYB is gorgeous! I had the pleasure is seeing it a little over a year ago at the garlits show.

He got me with the arm rest though. I remember the thread about it thinking it was just something he saw online. When walking up to the car peeking inside I bout s#it my pants. There was the arm rest!! Lmao

I agree. We need a thread on it!

fair enough..... couple of kids in the back, and some luggage or one trip to the Sams club and I need the height
No problem, this stuff all fits into Stans monstrous red storage console on the front seat. :D
193510 2015 trunk full.jpg

Back