I fought the HOA and I beat the system.

Being absent for quite a while it's good to see you're still fine and still pretty active. Have to look up the NYB sell mentioned here, I read about the plans.

This cabin Needs a Little collection of stuff in the same style from friends all over the Country. I will think of something Fitting and packageable from Palatia/Germany. A wooden wine Barrel is too large for that unortunately.

Finally have the Garage building finished over here with the clinker Facade finally put on btw. Still quite a bit to do.

Did you let the Mrs. join you?
Absolutely. She loves ti do her crocheting in the rocker on the porch.

Klaus: I found a vintage "chatter head" lawn sprinkler solely to listen to it.
:)

Similar to this,

Screenshot_2019-07-05-13-29-17.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely. She loves ti do her crocheting in the rocker on the porch.

Klaus: I found a vintage "chatter head" lawn sprinkler solely to listen to it.
:)

Similar to this,

View attachment 299705

These are still pretty common, especially on our small town public Greens and the spray spreads out way out of the intented area. You'll have to figure out how to move to not get wet if you're as early on the Job as me around 6am.

These are still pretty common, especially on our small town public Greens and the spray spreads out way out of the intented area. You'll have to figure out how to move to not get wet if you're as early on the Job as me around 6am.
I always loved the neighbors that would water the street!

Drag the hose.....

:poke:

But those New Millennium impulse sprinklers don't have that 60's "sound"... :lol:

The problem with HOAs after awhile is that they tend to get power hungry without fail. The old saying that power corrupts and absolute power absolutely corrupts is pretty much true for anyone who lands in a position of power. None of us are immune either. Trying to keep one's perspective can be hard for many.

I once lived in a very nice town home development on top of Mt Soledad in San Diego called Mt. La Jolla between 1973-1977. My father bought it in 1973 when we lived in Northern California so I lived there while at SDSU. He sold it in 1983 so I still used it every single vacation I had from grad school till then. There were no rules about parking in the driveway as my brother and I had four cars between us. There were also cutouts on the streets for parking cars. However, there was a fellow just above us who apparently didn't appreciate some youngsters living there. Constantly calling the police every time I got home at 2:00am or a little later. Once came to my door at 3 in the morning to complain. Police came by twice and told me he was so constant that they now ignore him. The older gentleman in the attached 3 bedroom next door saw me in 1981 and said I was great in taking care of the place as he was aware of the other guy. The HOA wasn't involved here as I was in the rules but that other owner sure tried to get them involved.

Can you imagine an HOA with my 10 cars now even though all are in perfect shape no matter the age and six on the garage/driveway. My neighbors don't care and one across the street said to park one in front of her house if I needed to with the other three in front of mine.

I was on the HOA board the first year it got incorporated. I learned all the legal angles of the Covenants and its enforcement.The
liens they can impose are toothless.

Last edited:
Word to the wise from listening to your stories... stay the hell away any HOA!
I lived in one in the Pocono's. They hauled my *** into a kangaroo court because my pickup had the company logo on the door!

I lived on a dead end road at the top of a mountain with only one other permanent resident on it, the rest were vacation homes. When we were talking one day I mentioned what happened and how absurd it was too have to peel off the company logo over a pickup truck, all he said was "well rules are rules". So you know it was that "C-S"er that blew me in!

No worries now.. I'm outta there!

I think you should get an Indian partner and apply for reservation status. Then you can get free money from the government and maybe tax free booze.
:lol:

But those New Millennium impulse sprinklers don't have that 60's "sound"... :lol:

The ones in our small town could still be 40 plus y/o.
They also still have portable temporary no parking signs welded to 50s and 60s Mercedes, BMW or Borgward rims and I just sold off one of their excavators from 1979 to Romania.

Speaking of traditional gardening stuff, finally pulled the Trigger on the Paguag, now Continental "Golden snake" hose with brass Fittings that came out in the 30s to throw away that cheapo knitted, crumbling stuff we got with the house four years ago.

447369.jpg

Back